Office Manager, East Sussex £22,000-£26,000 per annum
An experienced Office Manager is required to join a long established, Eastbourne based building contractors at an exciting stage in the business. Salary: £22,000 to £26,000 per annum.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a long established and well regarded Eastbourne-based building contractors. Due to continued growth they now need to recruit an experienced Office Manager who has prior experience in business processes, risk assessments and a strong marketing background.
The successful applicant will be an integral part of the team to help shape and develop the business as it moves forward.
Reporting to the Finance Director, the Office Manager will be responsible for researching new business opportunities, revenue generation and marketing.
We are looking for a self-motivated, driven, results orientated and proactive individual.
The ideal Office Manager candidate will have excellent communication skills, a sound knowledge of Word and Excel and work well as part of a team. You must be able to complete a wide range of activities requiring excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
Experience within the construction sector and knowledge of Health and Safety is beneficial as well as a proven track record of successful business development and marketing.
Key Responsibilities for Office Manager:
- Organise the provision of comprehensive administrative support to the Company Directors.
- Assist in development of Management of Projects.
- Maintain and update customer databases.
- Process sales and customer invoices, process payments and reconcile using SAGE software. Regularly review debtors and liaise with Finance Director to ensure credit control procedures are implemented.
- Maintain office supplies and purchase office stock as required to ensure the effective operation of administrative services and to meet team needs.
- Conduct searches to find needed information, using such sources as the Internet
- Plan and arrange visits to existing and new potential clients, ensuring every client receives sufficient support to enhance their relationships.
- Assist Managing Director to Monitor, develop and implement Health and Safety Policy and procedures, ensuring compliance with Health & Safety Regulations, monitor and organise staff Health & Safety training. To assist with the production of information required for continued compliance of external accreditations.
- Attend and contribute to departmental meetings and action outcomes of those meetings.
- Respond to invitations to tender, collate and prepare, follow up enquiries and explore procurement opportunities.
- Plan and support all sales and marketing activities for the company.
The standard working hours are 37.5 per week, Monday to Friday.
- Previous Office Manager experience.
- Previous marketing experience.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Excellent communication, numeracy and literacy skills.
- A management qualification is desirable
- A marketing qualification would be an advantage