Health & Safety Coordinator - Part Time (Approx 16 hours per week)
7 days left
- Part Time
Health & Safety Coordinator - Part Time (Approx 16 hours per week) required for our client based in the Stourbridge area. Our client have always had a reputation for being at the forefront of innovative design and products and are therefore looking for an individual that can support the business by assisting in the development and implementation of Environmental, Health and Safety procedures and policies throughout the business, ensuring compliance with current Legislation and Company goals as well as drive new thinking through positive attitude and supporting all leadership and management teams in all Health, Safety and Environmental matters.
Reporting to the Health & Safety/Facilities Manager, the responsibilities will include the following:
- Manage all risk registers and conduct internal audits and workplace inspections against planned schedule
- Be involvement with external audits and any related corrective action plans.
- Provide EHS advice and support to all staff and communicate EHS related issues to the management team and workforce.
- Manage all incidents and ensure effective corrective / prevention measures.
- Support the implementation of the training plan and relevant improvement plans – work with relevant teams.
- Involvement with relevant teams on safe systems of work.
- Support and improve key metrics with regards to EHS in line with business objectives.
- Deliver EHS awareness programs to drive employee behaviour and cultural change.
- Liaise with the Company’s Health Surveillance Provider where required.
Applicants must have:
- A good standard of education
- Formal Qualification in Environment, Health and Safety (IOSH, NEBOSH)
- Relevant background and experience, particularly of implementing and maintaining an EHS system with knowledge of laws and regulations
- Ability to demonstrate achieving personal and business objectives
- Good computer literacy
- Self-motivated; good problem solving, organisation and planning skills
- Ability to support with new projects and initiatives
Salary: £10,000 per annum