Technical Author / Writer - IT Systems & Software Documentation (AWDO-P2812)
6 days left
- Full Time
Technical Author / Writer with experience maintaining documentation and writing IT Systems and Software User Guides, Release Notes and other internal and reference documentation required for a Leading UK Company based in Basildon, Essex.
SALARY: up to £45,000 + Benefits
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Technical Author / Writer that has experience documenting technical systems and complex software applications.
Working as the Technical Author / Writer you will provide one of the interfaces between the Developer and the User, ensuring that the User fully understands the system or application in question and can, to some extent, troubleshoot problems without recourse to the Developer.
As the Technical Author / Writer you should work to a high level of accuracy with a methodical approach to your writing.
As a successful candidate you will have the chance to work for a Company that is known as one of the market leaders in their field, with the opportunity to develop and progress your career in a Company that will offer ongoing training and support.
If this job looks like your ideal position then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Technical Author / Writer:
- Maintaining user guides, release notes and technical documentation
- Producing guides for new products and projects as required
- Maintaining templates (Word, Document! X) for User, Developer and reference guides as well as internal documents
- Maintaining and updating documentation centres as per change control processes
- Keeping up to date with developments in information technology
- Understanding the business systems and applications for which documentation is to be prepared
- Gathering and analysing the information needs of the Users
- Liaising with Developers to understand the technology to be described
- Questioning Developers and Managers to clarify technical issues
- Planning the order of the information, organising and designing the information effectively
- Writing and presenting the information in clear and simple English
- Editing text to fit the standards, style and format agreed
- Commissioning, co-ordinating or preparing illustrations
- Indexing and cataloguing material
- Liaising with translators, printers and service providers; testing documentation to ensure that it matches the finished product
- Liaising with in-house Developers and sales and marketing specialists to ensure that user requirements are satisfied
- Copy-editing the work of other colleagues within the organisation
- Publicising services and skills to potential clients
- Attending internal or external training courses, or using internet training packages
- Attending team planning/briefing meetings
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- Experience of documenting technical systems / complex software
- Accurate and methodical approach to work
- Ability to work to agreed schedules
- Analytical skills
- A good command of English
- Good documentation skills and the ability to produce visually attractive instructions
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, to gather information from and for people
- Ability to absorb information quickly
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word and other Microsoft products
- Strong communication skills
- Good presentation skills
- Experience of documenting commercial insurance software
- Experienced use of Innovasys Document! X or MadCap Flare
- Experienced use of Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Experience of working with Onsite and Offshore teams
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies in Basildon, Essex
AWD online operates as an employment agency
Apply for Technical Author / Writer - IT Systems & Software Documentation (AWDO-P2812)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly