Quality Engineer (Cab)
Our client’s performance as a world class interior component manufacturer is built upon a recognisable culture of quality driven by a passion for innovation, durability and refined comfort. Because of constant growth within the company, our client is currently looking for a Quality Engineer to join their team.
Role and Responsibilities
Reporting to the NPI Engineering Manager, this role is specifically focused on ensuring the quality of the parts produced meets all customer expectations; rapid problem solving and effectively taking actions when customer concerns are found. Establishing and maintaining good working relationships with customers at all levels. Lead quality improvement activities with in production processes and sustain customer satisfaction.
The role will hold the following principal responsibilities;
- Support of all customer activity into manufacturing site:
- Take part in NPI process quality reviews – actively support to identify issues and resolution
- Performance analysis of customer issues to Tipton manufacturing site – including Delivered PPM, written complaints, on time delivery and over/under delivery up to JOB 1 plus 90 days.
- Monitor customer 8D/PPS system – ensuring customers are issued with 8D/PPS’s and that suitable responses are reported and auctioned in a timely manner
- 8D/PPS reviews with customers for all concerns and performance issues
- Monitor and support all corrective actions for customer quality
- Support engineering team with new product introductions and engineering change activity including PPAP & APQP reviews.
- Support sub supplier APQP activities and ensure supplier support through all build phases.
- Support sub suppliers PSW activities.
Hours of work
- 7.45am to 4.15pm Mon – Thu.
- 7.45am to 12.45 pm Friday
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Engineering qualification or equivalent experience within this field.
- OEM Automotive experience: Proffered.
- Experience in quality disciplines including FMEA, Control Plans, 8D, PPAP, APQP, DOE, SPC, TS16949 etc
- Ability to communicate at all levels with internal and external customers on program, engineering and commercial issues.
- Effective relationship building skills with customer interfaces - both internal and external.
- Understanding of Plastic Moulding, PU Moulding, Trimming, Reworking and Quality Standards.
- Presentable and confident – Regular customer facing role
- Self-motivator, determined and uses initiative, capable of championing internal program activity –Dedicated and focused on details, proactive and positive approach
- Capable of working under pressure, hands on approach to process/role
- Computer skills – MS word, excel, PowerPoint, MS project
Applicants should be flexible, dedicated, hard-working and passionate about what they do.
If you feel like this is the role for you and that you have what our client is looking for, then please send in your CV today by clicking the APPLY button below!