Senior Payroll Administrator / Assistant Payroll Manager - PAYE
Job Title: Senior Payroll Administrator
Location: Bradford, BD1
Salary: £25,000.00 - £30,000.00 dependent on experience
Hours: 40 hours per week Monday to Friday
A market leading home improvement company seeks to recruit an experienced and professional Senior Payroll Administrator for an exciting position within its fast paced Payroll team.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a well-respected thriving business and become part of a well-established and effective Payroll function.
The position of Senior Payroll Administrator is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Payroll Clerk / supervisor to really apply their skills and take on an increased level of involvement and responsibility.
The business encourages development and progression, and there is an opportunity for the right person to quickly establish themselves into a senior management position.
You will be responsible for the day to day processing and management of the PAYE payroll function, the production of accurate MI, and accountability for various multi site group functions.
You will report directly to the Payroll manager and will be tasked with the effective and accurate delivery of the monthly payroll, you will be expected to liaise with senior management, build and maintain effective working relations within a multi-site environment.
Key responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Managing the payroll of circa 700 permanent staff on a combination of monthly and weekly payrolls
- Processing new starters and amendments
- Administering SSP, SMP, SPP, SAP,SHPP, SL, NI, tax & tax code changes etc.
- Processing expenses, bonuses and commission payments .
- Analysing and resolving pay queries.
- Preparing BACS statements.
- Processing leaver calculations & Issuing P45's.
- Year-end procedures including issuing and submitting of all year-end documentation.
- Will be administering benefits in kind & P11D reporting both in year & year end.
- Processing of accurate and efficient management information
- Processing of Group schemes i.e. Pensions (Auto enrolment) and SAYE
- 3rd Party payments
- Fully responsible in all aspects of RTI reporting
- Being committed to maintaining payroll legislation knowledge
- Previous experience of working within a similar position within a fast paced, high volume environment
- Knowledge of current legislation regarding payroll, benefits and expenses
- Ability to perform manual calculations
- Experience of dealing with HMRC queries, student loans, CSA deductions e.t.c.
- Effective computer skills with special regard to MS office (Word and Excel)
- A strong work ethic with excellent attention to detail.
- Experience of dealing with Pensions (auto enrolment) and SAYE
- The ability to communicate effectively at all levels, including dealing with customer enquiries
- Excellent time management with the ability to prioritise and remain calm under pressure
- A flexible approach with the willingness to take on ad-hoc tasks and projects when requested.
- Keen to develop and progress
Candidates with relevant CIPP or similar qualifications would be beneficial although not essential as we are more concerned over the value you could bring rather than formal qualifications gained.
Terms and conditions:
- Competitive salary between £25,000.00 - £30,000.00 dependent on experience
- 40 hours per week Monday to Friday
- Immediate start available
- Progression opportunities
If you feel this is the challenge you have been looking for, then apply now!
Please click APPLY to submit your CV and a Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of; Payroll Supervisor, Deputy Payroll Manager, Payroll Manager, PAYE Controller, Assistant Payroll Manager, Accounts Clerk, Payroll, Finance Clerk, Finance Administrator, Financial Administrator, Payroll Executive, HR Project Coordinator, Payroll Assistant, Payroll Manager, Payroll Coordinator, Payroll Officer, HR Project Team Leader, Accounts Coordinator, Accounts Manager, Payroll Team Leader, Accounts Team Leader, HR Project Manager Senior Payroll Clerk will also be considered for this role.