Senior Sales Manager
A bit about us
We may have started small, but we’ve always had very big ideas, like totally changing the way people buy appliances. We launched in 2001 and we just haven’t stopped, a years’ worth of achievements always seems more like three at AO. Our customers are now our biggest advocates, and we’ve made millions of them happy.
We’re determined to be the best electrical retailer in Europe, and for that, you need to be driven. You need to be bold enough to try new things, and smart enough to see them through.
More about the role
- The basic salary for the role is £30,000 pa with a realistic OTE of £45,000
- Defined career path/clear progression opportunities within a FTSE 250 organisation
- Motivating and driving performance within a team of high achieving sales professionals
- Working within a dynamic fast paced sales office
As our Senior Sales Manager you will be integral in the direction of our Inbound Sales Department. Driving performance and successfully developing others is at the heart of what we do here at AO. Your key deliverables will be to ensure we exceed department targets, protect and nurture our culture of high performance and lead by example. This role would be ideal for someone that thrives on self-development and prides themselves on their ability to inspire and encourage others.
Self-awareness / management is a huge part of our development as professionals and you will be expected to continuously improve not only your team but yourself.
Here's what you can expect to be doing
- Contributing to the overall strategy of the Inbound Sales department
- Operational lead of the area
- Creating a coaching environment which encourages continuous improvement
- Attending departmental and board meetings
- Reporting results to key company stakeholders
- Driving change and contributing to continuous improvement
A few things about you
- Experience of leading and developing high performing sales teams
- The ability to inspire and motivate high calibre Sales Managers and Sales Executives
- Experience and proof of developing Sales Executives and Sales Managers through regular coaching sessions, PDPs and 1:1s
- Experience of leading sales executives in a high activity sales role
- Ability to increase profitability through operational change
- A highly motivated attitude to targets
- Goal orientated with a passion to succeed
- Proven self-development through internal and external resources
Why choose AO?
It’s not about the job you need now, it’s about who you want to be and where you want go. The thing about AO is that you don’t have to leave to move on. We have the kind of environment where people learn and thrive and be the best they can be. We empower each and every person to push the boundaries of what’s possible. Our environment and our culture are vibrant and engaging, you almost have to feel it to believe it. It’s really no wonder we were named Retail Week Employer of the Year 2015.
“Our people are our biggest asset, they’re our culture: that unique, indescribable thing that makes us really different.”
Great people deserve great things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as fundamental benefits, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our “AO Perks” to help you out financially, make your work life a little easier or make your home life a lot more fun.
- 33 days holiday pro rata : For a well-deserved rest (Including Bank Holidays)
- Attendance bonus: For a year well spent*
- Company Sick Pay: Support when you need it*
- Contributory Pension Scheme: Thinking ahead
- Share Save Scheme: Something for a rainy day
- Discounts on AO products
- An enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Adoption package: The best start for your family*
- Childcare Vouchers: Looking after the next world leaders
- Cycle to Work Scheme: Stay healthy, save the world
- Length of Service Holiday Bonus: More time to play*
- Eye Care Vouchers: Protecting your vision
- Death in Service: Knowing they’ll be taken care of
- 2 Make A Difference (MAD) Days: Give something back, do something amazing
- Gifts for New Arrivals: Something for the mini AO’ers
- Gifts for Newlyweds: Something for the happy couple
- Free Snacks and Drinks: Everyone loves free snacks and drinks
- Long Service Rewards: Our commitment to you, for your commitment to us*
(*Subject to start date or length of service)