Title: Care Manager
Salary: £24,000 - £28,000
This is an opportunity to join the region's no.1 residential care home. This role is for a unit care manager. Salary £24K-28K. You will be supported by the Registered Manager and have responsibility for 37 older people with residential and dementia care needs. Please send in your CV together with a covering letter explaining how your experience fits with our requirements. An application without a covering letter will not be considered. Shortlisted candidates will be expected to give a short presentation at interview. We are the best and only want the best to join our winning team. We will invest in your professional development and career progression will be possible as we expand in 2017/18.
We are an independent care provider with a first class reputation and excellent inspection report. You will be joining a stable and well supported team and have the opportunity to contribute and develop your role to help us continue to achieve great results and further your own development and knowledge. We are looking for someone with leadership skills. You may currently be Deputy Care Manager or a Care Manager, and will have or be willing to achieve Level 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care or equivalent, and be keen to develop your skills further.
Experience in a similar care environment is essential as is the ability to demonstrate a high level of competence in the following areas:
1) Caring and compassionate values that extend to all elements of your professional role
Strong 'people' skills and communication skills
2) Good observational skills and experience of assessing an individual's care and support needs
3) The ability to maintain accurate records
4) Knowledge of relevant legislation, local services and resources
5) A good understanding of the medical conditions affecting service users including dementia and mental health
6) The ability to build effective working relationships with residents, their families, staff and other professionals.
The role will include the responsibility to :
1) Manage a team of senior care staff
2) Manage and support care staff- ensuring best practice is delivered.
3) Motivate and support staff to achieve continual improvement
4) Commitment to provide person centred care to those with and without a dementia
5) Manage up to 30 residents' changing care needs as part of management team
6) Awareness of latest CQC care outcomes and standards
7) Support management team in achieving first class care delivery
8) Represent the Home in professional manner to outside agencies such as GPs, CPNs, Social Workers including carrying out reviews.
9) Demonstrate excellent written and IT skills to document care notes and notices
10) Write detailed care & support plans
11) Assess and act on changing clients' needs
12) Knowledge of end of life, moving and handling, health and safety, CQC notifications, safeguarding procedures.
13) Oversee medication auditing, changeovers, prescriptions, administering.
14) Contribute to activities programme
15) Organise and plan training modules
16) Be committed to your own continual professional development
17) Take significant responsibility for all aspects of care, working closely with management team and care team
Please send a CV and covering letter by clicking 'Apply' explaining why you want this role and why you would be right for it.