Junior Product Development Engineer / Product Design Engineer
Job Title: Junior Product Development Engineer
Location: South Darenth, Kent
Salary: £20,000 - £25,000 per annum
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Our Client is a leader in vehicle safety systems with a comprehensive range of products to reduce the risk of collision and maximise efficiency, including camera monitor systems, reversing alarms, ultrasonic proximity sensors, digital recorders and a thermal image camera.
This Product Development Engineer position will be mainly focused on the development of our Clients' core commercial vehicle safety and efficiency product range with a strong bias toward electronic engineering. The candidate will need basic knowledge of the technology's behind these products with good knowledge of the associated engineering principles.
The position will require the applicant to provide both product design and project management capability and assist the Product Development Team in upgrade and new product design, development & verification of the Company's Product portfolio.
Due to the nature of this entry level role the applicant will be supported for gaining experience and skills as required by the Lead Product Development Engineer and the Engineering team.
This position will be predominantly at product level, requiring good understanding of defining and managing requirements, electronic & mechanical design, product verification and validation. The role requires the utilization of cutting edge technologies and engineering methods keeping the Company at the forefront of technology and enabling them to better manage and control its' intellectual properties, whilst enhancing its cost effectiveness.
As part of the Engineering Department the successful candidate will also be required to support the Quality team and Application team in adapting current products for specific customer demands.
The role will be primarily supplier-facing, managing multiple suppliers and manufacturers in both high and low cost countries, overcoming cultural and language barriers to deliver new product in time for market. The position also extends to supporting our customers as needed.
The applicant will ideally have knowledge of automotive electronics design standards and quality control principles which are key to ensuring the Company's product quality standards are met. This position will require a candidate with a proactive approach promoting the Company's business ideals and customer / supplier relations while enhancing the Engineering team's technical knowledge.
- Support product development throughout the product lifecycle
- Product verification and validation
- Requirements and engineering specification support
- Supplier liaison
- Preparation of detailed component technical drawings, documentation and user manuals.
- Aid the customers, sales and marketing on technical solutions and products support
- LED and LCD display design and Cameras
- Video and audio processing & interfaces
- Digital video & audio recording
- Ultrasonic sensing
- Acoustic alarms
- Analogue and digital circuit design and development
- Micro & digital signal processing systems
- Digital communication protocols e.g. CAN, I2C, SPI, RS232 or similar.
- Software & hardware interface & software engineering
- PCB level troubleshooting and product fault finding
Education and Training
- Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics product development or similar alternative educational background combined with professional experience (mandatory)
- 5-6 GCSE's at Grade B or above including Maths, Science (Physics) and English
- High level of numeracy and literacy
- Above average computer literacy
- Master of Engineering in Electronic product development or similar
Experience and Skills
- Industry practical experience with electronics product development
- Able to demonstrate co-ordination skills
- Attention to detail is critical
- Knowledge of analogue and digital electronics including micro processing, DSP, video signal processing
- Knowledge of camera, optics, acoustics, LCD's and digital recording technologies
- Computer application skills:
- Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel
- & mech. CAD development tools
- 2 years experience and knowledge in LCD, camera, optics, acoustics and digital recording technology within the automotive product development field.
- Genuine interest in modern technology preferably with in the automotive industry
- Computer application skills in AutoCAD 2D
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Junior Product Development Engineer, Product Design Engineer, Design Engineer, Product Engineer, Junior Design Engineer, Junior Development Engineer, Junior Product Engineer, Development Engineer, CCD, CMOS, IR, Software Engineering, DSP, Automotive, Automotive Industry, Hardware Interface Engineering, Electronics Engineer, Electrical Engineer will also be considered for this role.
Apply for Junior Product Development Engineer / Product Design Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly