Title: Support Worker
Location: Andover and surrounding areas
Rate of pay: £7.20 hourly pay equivalent
Hourly pay equivalent based on a basic salary of £14,976. Overtime options for cluster working, with enhanced rates where applicable.
Contract Type: Permanent, Part time
Working Pattern: Monday to Friday, 9:00am to 5:00pm
To start: As soon as possible
YOU is a registered charity that has been providing care, support and advice for over 30 years to vulnerable people across Hampshire and Dorset, giving them the tools and resources they need to live independent, secure and valued lives.
We need someone who can provide excellent and flexible support and advice in Waterlooville, Havant and the surrounding areas. You will also provide direct support and advice for individuals referred to the service. The SAIL service supports individuals to achieve independence in specific areas, which may include tasks such as travel training, accessing a community group or learning a specific skill.
You will need to be friendly and approachable, with a willingness to deliver person-centred support to people in the community. You will also be providing a weekly localised drop-in service, offering support to individuals who are able to attend independently. It is essential that you can demonstrate an understanding of the needs of people who may have recently undergone a change in personal circumstances. It is also essential that you are a car driver, and you will need business insurance.
YOU has a strong value base, striving to be person-centred, innovative, trustworthy, can-do and excellent at all times, so it is important that you are as passionate about these principles as we are.
If you choose to begin a career with our organisation, you are guaranteed:
* Competitive rates of pay and paid travel time.
* Enhanced annual leave entitlements, sick pay allowances and pension scheme contributions.
* Excellent and professionally certified training.
* Real opportunities to develop in your profession.
* Free health and wellbeing advice via a 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
* Everything you need to carry out your role free of charge, which may include a mobile phone, safety equipment and other necessary technology, a uniform where applicable, and of course a nice cup of tea or coffee throughout your day!
* Online 24/7 access to your personal rota.
* A company that is committed to its employees, valuing their knowledge, creativity and flexibility.
* The chance to work with amazing people.
If you think you have the skills to provide this service we can't wait to hear from you! If you have the skills to take this role forward, please click 'Apply' to forward your details on to us; please be sure to include your name, email address and contact telephone number.
We will then contact you directly to discuss the role and ask you a few key questions to make sure that this is the right position for you. If you are successful during this initial screening you will be invited to an assessment and interview, the date of which will be agreed at this point.
Please note; we will select the first suitable applicants for interview and assessment, so don't delay, apply today!
We are also recruiting to our bank of Sessional Support Workers, called Premier Crew, to work on a relief basis in a number of our services throughout Hampshire and with a variety of different client groups. If this is something that interests you please ring 01329 821918 for more details.