Continental Engineer / Electrical Engineer /Mechanical Engineer
5 days left
- Full Time
Job Title: Continental Engineer
Location: Sutton, Ely
Salary: £34,000 (£36,000 once deemed competent on machines)
Hours: Your hours of work will be 42.875 hours per week, to be worked on the Continental Shift. 4 days on/4 days off/4 nights on) 0600-1800 Days / 1800-0600 Nights
The company was founded in 1969 and today holds a position as European market leader in innovative plastics packaging solutions for the food industry. During this time, we have specialised in innovative and optimised packaging solutions for ready meals, fresh meat and cold foods and snacks. The company holds an unrivalled position as a strong, international player. The company's headquarters is located in Holstebro and they employ more than 1100 people spread across seven production sites in Denmark, UK, Czech Republic and Spain, as well as multiple sales offices covering all of Europe.
The purpose of the role is to support the maintenance of all plant and equipment on site.
- Maintain the Extrusion machines effectively to the required optimum operating standards to ensure minimal downtime.
- Support and work in line with the engineering planned maintenance schedule, and with the continual improvement process.
- Maintain the thermoforming machines, equipment and plant to the required optimum operating standards.
- Diagnose report and resolve any machine, plant and equipment deficiencies.
- Respond to breakdowns across the business as required.
- Work with the Process Engineering Manager with regard to business / engineering priorities.
- Work with the function area supervisors to understand concerns over machine performance and address accordingly.
- Liaise effectively with the engineering stores to maintain stock levels of parts to ensure key equipment can be continually maintained.
- Work flexible across both sites.
- Support the installation of plant and equipment when required.
- With the role you will be required to work at height, within confined spaces and with heavy equipment / parts
- Good physical fitness & upper body movement due to manual handling
- The role requires candidates to work shifts, including nights
- Environment - working outside in all conditions
- Qualified Electrical / Mechanical Engineer or Technician
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Proven track record of engineering skills and ability
- Basic IT skills
- Communication skills
- Pro Active & Positive
- Can-do Approach
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant job titles and experience of; Maintenance Technician, Maintenance Engineer, Maintenance Support, Electrical Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Maintenance Engineer, Repairs Technician, Continental Engineer may also be considered for this role.
Apply for Continental Engineer / Electrical Engineer /Mechanical Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly