Site Manager – Construction Labour Management - Foreman (AWDO-P2811)
Remote Construction Site Labour Manager that has excellent people management, organisational and time-management skills required for a well-established Company based in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire.
SALARY: Negotiable + Benefits
KEY REQUIREMENTS: Ideal candidates will have previous experience working as a Site Manager or Construction Foreman and will be looking to progress their career into an office based management role. However, you will be expected to carry out site visits when needed, which may require overnight stays. This role will also encompass Health and Safety and previous experience or Health and Safety qualifications would be extremely desirable, although not essential as additional training will be provided.
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Remote Construction Site Labour Manager that has excellent people management, organisational and time-management skills.
Working as the Remote Construction Site Labour Manager you will be responsible for ensuring each site has the required number of staff and sub-contractors for each project undertaken. Thereafter, the Site Manager / Foreman would be responsible for the day-to-day management of the staff and sub-contractors.
As the Remote Construction Site Labour Manager you will also be responsible for Health and Safety. The Company appreciate this does require a wide range of experience, and are therefore happy to consider applicants who may currently not have all of the experience or qualifications for the Health and Safety aspect of the role, but has experience of managing site labour with a minimum of SSSTS or SSMTS. This will be with a view to taking on the Health and Safety duties following a programme of relevant training and attainment of the appropriate NEBOSH qualifications over a specified period (which will be agreed based on current experience).
As a successful candidate you will be a self-motivated site experienced Labour Manager who has the ability to work well under pressure, is confident, assertive and is able to communicate well with staff at all levels and generate credibility and confidence in others, overcoming obstacles to solve problems and achieve results.
Although this is predominately an office based job, you will be required to visit sites across the UK to carry out complete site Health and Safety Audits, Attend Site Meetings, Labour Issues, Training etc. Overnight stays may be required.
If this job looks like your ideal position then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Remote Construction Site Labour Manager:
Management of Mechanical Labour Resource:
- Provision of Mechanical labour resources for all Mechanical contracts with constant liaison with contract engineers
- Supervision of all Mechanical labour, both directly employed and sub-contractors
- Authorisation of all weekly timesheets submitted by directly employed operatives
- Authorisation and management of Mechanical labour holiday requests / booking
- Preparation of written site visit reports for engineers and Board of Directors
- Vehicle allocation to Mechanical labour
- Maintain and update register for all issued PPE to site based labour
- Assist the HR Team in maintaining accurate Health and Safety training records for site based labour
Health and Safety (once trained up if not already qualified):
- Ensuring health, safety and welfare of all employees and sub-contractors working directly for the Group
- Ensure that the Company’s Health and Safety Policy is at all times compliant with current the Health and Safety Act 1974 and subsequent legislation and that it is implemented consistently across the Group
- Co-ordinate the work of the Health & Safety Committee ensuring it meets regularly, identifies and review all relevant Health and Safety matters, minutes are taken and actions followed through
- Advise the Board and Senior Management Team on the implications of current and emerging health, safety and welfare legislation, including evaluating options, making recommendations and generating action plans to ensure compliance across the Group
- Assist in the identification of training needs for employees and to design and deliver bespoke training courses, tool box talks, site inductions and new starters inductions as required
- Recommend and arrange any external training courses for staff to support the implementation of Health and Safety matters
- Support managers to maintain safe systems, providing specialist advice, coaching and practical support
- Ensure the Group, its clients and designers comply with the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2007 by acting as CDM Coordinator for the Group and, in association with Contracts Engineers to write and implement Health and Safety plans, and associated risk assessments and method statements (RAMS).
- Ensure routine Health and Safety activities and checks are carried out e.g. testing of portable electrical appliances, risk assessments, COSHH assessments, DSE assessments, DSE eyesight tests, manual handling, asbestos management, first aid at work, etc.
- Ensure that accidents and near misses are properly recorded, notified, investigated, lessons learned and any changes to processes and procedures implemented to prevent reoccurrence
- Prepare a short monthly report to the Board on health and safety, accident and near miss statistics
- Encourage a culture across the Group that takes Health and Safety matters seriously and one where everyone understands their responsibilities and duties and is committed to fulfilling them
- Generally support and advise Group staff in any Health and Safety matter
- Ensure fire safety arrangements and fire risk assessments at all the Group premises are satisfactory and oversee Fire Marshals to ensure office fire, burglar alarms and access control systems are properly maintained and staff understand how to operate them
- Review contractors / sub-contractors Health and Safety policies, procedures, risk assessments and method statements, etc. to assist their suitability for approval when applying to join the Group’s Contractors data base and then annually thereafter
- Carry out an audit function of Health and Safety matters which include both desktop reviews and site inspections in order to assess compliance to Group Quality, Environment Health and Safety policies and procedures
- Lead on preparation and submission for external accreditations including Safe Contractor
- Assisting with the management systems, documentation and internal library for standards such as ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001 as and when required.
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- Previous experience managing employed site staff and sub-contractors
- Health and Safety experience or relevant qualifications would be highly desirable, although not essential as additional training provided
- Able to work under pressure with a confident and assertive approach
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- IT literate
- Although this is an office based role you must be willing to travel UK wide with overnight stays when required
Closing Date: Wednesday 19th October 2016, with interviews taking place week commencing 24th October 2016
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
Construction and Engineering Full-time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
AWD online operates as an employment agency