Transport and Logistics Planner – Route Dispatch Coordinator – Planning Scheduler (AWDO-P2810)
Transport and Logistics Planner / Vehicle Dispatch Route Coordinator / Planning Scheduler with excellent organisational, time-management and administration skills required for Global Company based Swindon, Wiltshire.
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Transport and Logistics Planner / Vehicle Dispatch Route Coordinator/ Planning Scheduler that has experience planning and managing multi-drop routes for commercial fleet vehicles.
Working as the Transport and Logistics Planner / Vehicle Dispatch Route Coordinator / Planning Scheduler you will be responsible for the planning, administration, monitoring and optimising the operational performance and resources for the Depot’s Fleet.
As the Transport and Logistics Planner / Vehicle Dispatch Route Coordinator / Planning Scheduler you will be responsible primarily for coordinating the transport operations of the Depot Service Centre to satisfy the needs of the network and the customer through the efficient use of cost effective methodologies.
Successful candidates will have a great chance to work with this well-established, Global Company that can offer excellent career development opportunities for the right individual.
If this job looks like your ideal position then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
As the Transport and Logistics Planner / Vehicle Dispatch Route Coordinator / Planning Scheduler your duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Prepares and distributes daily work schedules for the Drivers (using ARP systems)
- Provides sales support for customer scheduling as required
- Ensures that Drivers are supported early mornings and late afternoons. This may involve shift work
- Administration of returned circle checks for filing in accordance with legislation and Company policies
- Input of all operational reports
- Review Driver Log Sheets daily and take corrective action as appropriate
- Administration of Driver Tachographs
- Support for both sales team and service centre administration
- Plans and manages the auto routing system for clients
- Keeps overtime to a minimum according to the Company targets ensuring the cost-effective deployment of resources
- Resolves service problems in accordance within set deadlines
- Managing all incoming collection schedules by entering onto systems and validating the content against collection point criteria whilst identifying any potential issues
- Route audits of client calls so as to ensure maximum optimisation of return on assets and client satisfaction
- Ensuring fleet management with regards to availability for daily routing, incoherence with maintenance provider and the Company’s mechanic
- Observes ongoing performance of Drivers working alongside Operations Manager and Supervisor
- Liaison with Sales Team with regards to both current and new customer requirements
- Management of Hand Held process
- Providing a high level of customer service and communication, ensuring all information requests are dealt with in a timely manner
- Ensuring all traffic planning activity is undertaken in line with legislative requirements and using all appropriate IT systems
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- Routing (ARP) or similar
- Previous experience within a transport / logistics organisation is required
- Balancing of routes on a day-to-day basis in a multi-drop environment
- Fleet maintenance
- Must have good geographical knowledge of the local geographic area of responsibility
- Must have working knowledge of driver hours regulations
- Must have excellent IT skills and be proficient in Excel and Word
- Must have the ability to work under pressure and react quickly to customer requirements0
- Must have excellent customer service skills and a commercial understanding
- Candidates will be required to get CRB / DBS check, if not already in possession
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
Jobs in Swindon
Careers and Vacancies in Wiltshire
AWD online operates as an employment agency