Our client operates over 300 Serviced Apartments across London and the Home Counties. They are recruiting an experienced Maintenance Person who will be assigned daily jobs by the Operations Administrator, based in their Chessington office. The successful applicant will ideally own their own van, however this is not essential and applications from those who do not own a van will be considered.
Maintenance Person - Typical jobs include, but are not limited to:
• Kitchen appliance repairs (washing machines etc.).
• Central heating and hot water fault finding and repairs.
• Fire alarm systems testing.
• Regular vehicle checks (coolant levels, tyre pressure etc.).
• Re-sealing and re-grouting.
• Lifting and Loading of mattresses, furniture and appliances.
• Furniture assembly.
• Delivering and collecting keys and any other items requested by guests.
• Basic carpentry.
• Dump and recycling runs.
• Undertake all aspects of maintenance as per company requirements.
• To ensure that all works are completed to the required quality standard.
• To observe safe working practices and comply with all health & safety legislation.
• To ensure minimal impact to their guests and ensure that the customer is the key focus.
• Other reasonable tasks as required.
Maintenance Person - Key Skills:
• Experience of various trades (plumbing, electrical, joinery, painting and decoration).
• Has attention to detail and has pride in delivering quality workmanship.
• To be able to consistently deliver a first time quality fix on all jobs.
• Fault finding and repair skills.
• Plumbing and Electrical skills.
• A keen eye for detail and the ability to highlight preventative maintenance needed.
• Flexibility in hours and approach.
• Tidy working.
• Presentable in appearance with excellent Customer Services skills.
• A friendly and positive attitude.
• The ability to work in a team as well as frequently by yourself.
• The ability to write a basic report after each job is completed, detailing the issue and time taken.
What they expect from you as their Maintenance Person:
To be successful in this role you will need to be an experienced maintenance person; passionate about customer service and delivering quality results. You will take pride in seeing the impact your role has on their Apartments and in ultimately ensuring their guests satisfaction.
Along with Monday to Friday hours, the successful applicant will also be expected to join the company Out of Hours Group. This entails call handling and site visits in emergencies out of office hours (evenings and weekends) on a rota basis. This is currently once in every six weeks approximately, however they are looking into adding further staff members onto this scheme.
• Contributory pension scheme.
• 21 days paid holiday plus Bank Holidays.
• Company mobile telephone.
Salary: Negotiable Dependant on Experience
Hours: Full Time - 37.5 Hours per Week
No Agencies Please.
Please apply online for this Maintenance Person role with your CV and covering letter.
Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications they receive they are unable to respond to every unsuccessful candidate, therefore if you do not hear from them within 7 days of your application please be aware that in this instance they have chosen not to pursue your application for this position.
Our client does not discriminate on grounds of Age, Disability, Gender Assignment, Marriage and Civil Partnership, Pregnancy and Maternity, Race, Religion and Belief, Sex, Sexual Orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation.
Please check your email for confirmation that your application has been received for this Maintenance Person role and to follow further instructions if applicable.