SEN 1:1 Intervention Tutor
Are you looking for an opportunity to work with pupils who have experienced real difficulties in mainstream schools?
Are you looking for an opportunity to work within education and being in control of your own timetable?
Would you like to make a difference to students with Emotional and Behavioural Needs?
- The opportunity to work with pupils on a "one to one" basis to address their individual needs.
- The chance to have a real impact on the lives of some of the most vulnerable pupils in the city.
- Flexibility and the ability to self manage your own workload
- Provide a positive role model for the young people, presenting oneself in a highly professional manner
- listening to and helping learners resolve a range of issues that are creating barriers to learning;
- helping learners who are underperforming in their subjects, either on a one-to-one basis within the classroom or at the carer's home
- Undertake first line child protection measures, reporting areas of concern to the Childcare Leader.
- Manage behaviours and adapt the activity to meet the needs of groups or individuals.
- implementing strategies and supporting learners in self-esteem and confidence-building activities;
- Ability to listen and understand the needs and aspirations of children
In order for you to apply you should have:
- A Relevant qualification within social work, or psychology or education would be desirable
- Experience of working with young people with challenging behaviours is highly desirable
- Relevant and recent employment references
- Ability to drive or be comfortable traveling within the Manchester area.
Apply for SEN 1:1 Intervention Tutor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly