Laboratory Manager / Lab Technician / Chemist
Job Title: Laboratory Manager / Technician
Salary: Competitive (depending on experience)
Position: Full Time, Permanent
LABORATORY MANAGER / TECHNICIAN required by a chemical company based in central Birmingham. Applicant will be an experienced laboratory technician with a sound knowledge of chemistry. Salary will be commensurate with experience and benefits include 5 weeks holiday pa., private health insurance and entry into the company pension scheme on satisfactory completion of a 6 month trial period.
- Daily control of chemical manufacturing processes
- Process monitoring and analysis
- Daily administration of chemical transport arrangements
- Operating lab-scale processes
- Specialist waste acid handling and disposal
- Health, Safety and Environmental monitoring routines
Skills and requirements:
- Educated to degree level in chemistry with a number of years' experience in chemical process management
- A working knowledge of chemical safety and environmental impact essential
- Effective team-working and team leadership skills.
- Good IT skills
- The candidate must hold a full UK driving licence as occasional travel to other group company sites and supplier's sites will be required.
- DGN qualification would be beneficial but not essential as training provided
- Working knowledge of ISO14001 and Industrial Emissions Directive (formerly IPPC) would be beneficial.
- Experience of working with the Environmental Agency would also be beneficial.
You must be motivated, methodical and have an independent working style. Training as required, will be provided. The role will need flexibility of working hours and the availability to work overtime to meet business needs.
To apply for this role please click APPLY to submit your CV and covering letter.
Candidates with experience of; Senior Chemist, Scientist, Laboratory Manager, Chemical Manufacturing Technician, Lab Technician, Chemical Manager, Formulation Chemist, Chemical Engineer, Laboratory Technician, Lab Engineer, Chemist, Laboratory Engineer, Lab Manager, Chemistry Technician, Laboratory Technician, Chemical Technician, Manufacturing Chemist will also be considered for this role.
Apply for Laboratory Manager / Lab Technician / Chemist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly