Senior Room Manager
Busy Bees has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Room Manager to join the team based in Lytham. You will be on a full time contract with a highly competitive salary. The position is to work within our toddler room.Why You Will Love Our Nursery
Busy Bees at Lytham is a purpose-built nursery set in the grounds of the Fylde Land Registry. The grounds are surrounded by farm land and we have the luxury of having access to great facilities. These include a five a-side football pitch, miniature golf course and taking a lovely walk to the duck pond or the nature trail. In the Nursery grounds itself we are extremely lucky to have a spacious adventure playground, a natural heuristic garden, a separated lawn area and also a bikes garden. There is an outdoor area suited for all ages of children.
In the Nursery we have 3 base rooms and, a dining room and a sleep/iniatives room. All of our rooms are stimulating and inviting for the children and provide great experiences for learning and investigation. We have a wide range of resources for the children both inside and outside the nursery.
The staff team at Lytham are dedicated and thrive on providing the best possible childcare for the children here. The manager holds an Early Years Professional status and Level 3 in leadership and management, the deputy manager Sarah holds a BA (Hons) Degree, and we have a mixture of qualifications within the rest of the staff team. The staff are experienced and very dedicated and passionate in what they do.
We work very closely with our parents to ensure we are meeting the children’s individual needs and are providing the best learning experiences for them. We hold regular parents evenings and are currently recruiting to start a parent partnership meeting.
We have lots of fun and exciting activity days in nursery for the children and parents to enjoy such as party days, tea parties and sports days.
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Senior Room Manager to be part of the Busy Bees family. This is an exciting opportunity to continue your career with an established and enterprising nursery team. If you are looking for an opportunity to progress in the world of childcare, then Busy Bees is the place for you. We PRIDE ourselves on progressing our staff through our settings.
We are hoping to find a leader, a motivator and a practitioner eager to add to our creative environment and to be passionate about the care and comfort given to our children. All our staff have impeccable interpersonal skills and is able to communicate effectively to colleagues of all levels of seniority. Most of our Nursery Managers and Area Managers started as practitioners at our nurseries and worked their way up.
Role Responsibilities as our Senior Room Manager (but are not limited too)
- Co-ordinate and carryout the planning and prioritising of the activities and progress in the room to create and develop a stimulating environment
- Co-ordinate and lead room meetings in the setting
- Be assigned as key person for a designated number of children to ensure that all their basic and developmental needs are met
- Be responsible for ensuring that all children within the room are safe and secure
- Build effective relationships with all parents within the room
- Undertake the day to day management of the area but working closely with the Nursery Manager and Assistant Manager
As our Senior Room Manager we need you to assist them in this goal and in return we offer a package which reflects how much we value our staff at Busy Bees.
- Childcare provision with substantial discounts
- Free uniform provided by Busy Bees
- A solid development programme for staff at all levels leading to nationally recognise qualifications
- Retail Discounts Scheme e.g. Sainsbury’s, Mark & Spencer, Odeon & LA fitness and many more including cash back facilities
- A confidential employee assistance programme to assist all staff where they may benefit from having access to a sensitive ear
- Provision of pension scheme auto enrolment
In 1983, three families, all involved in care and education, decided to take matters into their own hands after they were left frustrated by the lack of quality childcare available for their children. In March 1984, the first Busy Bees Nursery opened and since then, Busy Bees has grown to become the largest provider of childcare in the UK, numbering over 250 separate nurseries.
If this role as our Senior Room Manager sounds like the opportunity for you then we want to hear from you!