Machine Shop Supervisor – CNC
Machine Shop Supervisor
Croydon, Greater London
£26,000 - £32,000 DOE + OT + Bonus
Due to continued growth, our client is looking for a Machine Shop Supervisor to join their highly successful and respected worldwide manufacturing business, providing measuring sensors and solutions.
This is an excellent opportunity for a practical CNC machinist with extensive supervisory experience, looking to take their next step, to join a highly successful business with ambitious growth plans.
Our client offers you the chance to lead a team using a variety of cutting-edge equipment to manufacture a wide range of precision components, using CNC lathes, mills, sliding head lathes and a variety of manual machines.
You will be responsible for the team of CNC setters/operators. Ensuring good stock control in materials and tooling, you will co-ordinate with the Machine Shop Manager to deliver components in desired quantities and on time. You will oversee in-process inspection, checking against drawings and specifications to ensure all products are made accurately and to the highest standards.
Additionally, you will ensure and contribute to machine maintenance across the work area to create a tidy and safe work environment. You will contribute to the training of staff in machining skills and safest practice. You will contribute and oversee compliance to our client’s H&S policies in the machine shop.
The role will include:
- Leading a team of machinists of different levels of skills and experience to meet delivery requirements.
- Setting and operating a variety of CNC mills and lathes machining high tolerance components.
- Introducing improvements to existing machining methods and component handling in secondary processes, working closely with the Production Engineer and Workshop Manager to fully document best practice.
- Managing stock levels of materials, tooling and consumables. Ensuring that all jobs coming up on the schedule are ready for minimized change over times.
- Conducting in-process inspection, measuring and checking work carried out and following the quality assurance system and recording production information. Ensuring all the team meet the quality systems and components made meet the criteria given.
- Keeping machines and workshop clean and in good maintenance.
Our client is a committed equal opportunities employer and welcomes all applications.
Interested? To be considered, you must have:
- Prior experience leading a team
- Demonstrable high level skills in setting and operating CNC machines.
- Experience of reading and understanding engineering drawings and tolerances.
- Proficiency in a range of measuring equipment and inspection techniques.
- A high level of IT literacy, including MS Windows and Office.
- Knowledge of CNC programming would be a strong advantage.
Hands-on and focused, as the Machine Shop Supervisor, you must have a methodical approach and great communication skills and a powerful drive to make things run to expectation. Superb time-management and organisation abilities are also key skills.
To apply for the role of Machine Shop Supervisor, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Machine Shop Supervisor, CNC Programmer, CNC Supervisor, CNC Machinist, CNC Lathe, CNC Mill, CNC Machine Operator, Operator, Setter, CNC Engineer, Tooling Operator, Machine Operator, Machinist, Manual Machinist, Engineer, Engineering.