Junior Web Developer
Japspeed has a unique opportunity available for a Junior Web Developer to join the team in Walkden. The role is a full time, permanent position working 40 hours per week 8:30am-5:30pm Monday-Friday. We are offering the Junior Web Developer a competitive salary plus benefits.
Japspeed was established in 2004 and our aim is to provide reasonably priced excellent quality parts to the Japanese car enthusiasts. We are very selective in which companies we use to manufacture our products so giving perfect fitting parts that are built for the high end tuning market. Coming into our 6th year of trading we have set up very good trading partners across Europe and the UK, we are growing from strength to strength and always developing new products for the market place.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a great team in an energetic and vibrant company. We are seeking a bright and proactive web developer / designer; who will own the design, build and maintenance processes for our portfolio of brand websites alongside a range of eBay storefronts stocking a range of products from home & garden to tools and performance tuning parts.
This is a fantastic position, ideal for a junior or graduate web developer / designer; which for the right candidate could springboard to further opportunities.
What are the responsibilities of the Junior Web Developer?
- Consistent development of website layout / user interface, adhering to industry standard practices.
- Maintaining, expanding and scaling of all our brand websites and eBay stores.
- The execution of all visual design stages from initial concept to final engineering.
- Presenting designs and key milestone deliverables to senior management.
- Establishing and promotion of design guidelines, best practices and standards.
- Ensuring our web presence is optimised for mobile / tablet interactivity across all platforms.
- The complete SEO process for all our brands and products.
What skills do I need to have to become a Junior Web Developer?
- Experience in web design and development backed up by your portfolio.
- An in depth knowledge of HTML, CSS and PHP.
- Confidence writing code optimised for both desktop and mobile interactivity.
- Hands-on experience with the Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) process.
- Creative and effective problem solving skills.
- Strong organisational skills to manage multiple tasks within deadline.
- Confidence in a fast-paced working environment.
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to UX.
- An ability to coordinate and work efficiently as part of a larger team alongside people from a range of backgrounds.
- An initiative to learn quickly and master new e-commerce web technologies and techniques.
- Previous experience of Magento or similar CMS a distinct advantage.
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and/or Illustrator a benefit but not essential.
We offer a fantastic benefits package!
This role is your chance to join a rapidly expanding business as we grow and move into new markets. The successful candidate will be provided with not only a lively and fun working environment but plenty of opportunity for progression with a growing e-commerce company. This is a full time position however part time hours will also be considered for the right candidate.
Why not click ‘apply’ today? Don’t miss out on this opportunity to further your career as our Junior Web Developer.