Engineering Technician, Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Specialists in Sherburn-in-Elmet, salary £15,000 to £20,000 dependent on experience.
The Company was established in 1983 to provide the full spectrum of services covering the design, implementation, interpretation and evaluation of geotechnical and contaminated land site investigations. Our head office and laboratory are based in Coventry, with additional offices in Exeter, Chester and Yorkshire.
We are now looking for an Engineering Technician to help provide support to a team of geotechnical engineers and engineering geologists working in a range of industrial settings.
Engineering Technician Main Duties:
- Support engineers in undertaking site supervision and monitoring.
- Loading consumables and equipment from our warehouse, transporting to site and offloading at site.
- Ensuring the safe operation of a pallet stacker at our warehouse.
- Booking of samples into and out of the stores management system.
- Hand excavation work on site.
- Act as a Streetworks Operative.
Engineering Technician Necessary Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Full EU Driving license and access to a vehicle is essential.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Competence in use of a pallet stacker.
- Experience in small warehouse environment.
- Experience in ground investigation industry.
- NRSWA Streetworks Operative qualified (Training may be provided).
- PTS, CSCS or any other Health & Safety qualifications would be beneficial but not essential.
- Confident, self-motivated and with the ability to show initiative.