Refurbishment Support Manager
Travelodge has a unique opportunity available for a Refurbishment Support Manager to join the team covering the Southern Region. The role is a full time, permanent position offering a salary of up to £35,800 annum plus company car & car allowance. This is an exciting opportunity to develop your career with one of the UK’s largest and fastest growing hotel chains!
Founded in 1985, Travelodge is the UK’s largest independent hotel provider, operating more than 500 hotels and 38,000 rooms across the UK, the Republic of Ireland and Spain. Our total turnover is in excess of £500m and we employ almost 10,000 people.
In the last two years, Travelodge has undergone a significant change programme as part of our journey to achieve our vision of becoming the UK’s favourite hotel for value. A major £100 million modernisation programme has been completed and all bedrooms now incorporate a modern new look and feature the Travelodge Dreamer bed.
The job in a nutshell
Travelodge undertakes a number of programmes investing in its existing hotel portfolio to ensure our guests continue to experience a comfortable night sleep in a pleasant and well maintained environment.
As a member of the Technical Services Department, A Refurbishment Support Manager is a key part of the team that plans, scopes and implements our annual refurbishment workstreams.
What are the responsibilities of the Refurbishment Support Manager?
- Build strong internal stakeholder relationships with individual hotel teams and key internal departments.
- Develop and maintain committed relationships with external consultants and suppliers, ensuring effective communication and driving innovation.
- Contribute in planning future refurbishment activity.
- Assume day to day responsibility for implementing our Planned Redecoration Programme
- Provide support to other team members to major refurbishment projects
- Travel widely throughout the country to assess and manage refurbishment needs across our Hotel portfolio
- Assess required Contractor working methods and monitor to ensure correct implementation in our hotels.
- Provide support to our Hotel Teams during the course of refurbishment work in their hotel.
- Work with our Consultant and Contractor teams to deliver projects to agreed timescales, quality and budget.
What we’ll expect from our Refurbishment Support Manager
You will bring to the role some experience of previous fit out or refurbishment programmes, ideally from a Contract Management or Client Organisation background.
Enthusiasm and a determination to drive improvement in our hotel product will be essential as will your ability to demonstrate great organisational and interpersonal skills.
This is a mobile role and will involve travel all over the UK, necessitating the occasional night away from home. An ability to work well within a team must therefore be balanced with high levels of self motivation.
We offer a fantastic benefits package!
At Travelodge, we are warm, straightforward and optimistic. We have a big footprint in the UK, but still a small company feel and you can expect quality and value to be built in to everything we do. You’ll have the support of a close network of colleagues and managers, and every day is different here! We want you to bring your personality to work and we love our diversity.
Reward and recognition
It’s not just our customers we want to wake up with a smile on their face. As well as a competitive salary, being part of our hotel support centre means great holiday entitlements, pension contribution deals, being part of our bonus scheme, and a Thanks Card giving generous room and food discounts as well as friends and family rates.
Career and development
We want you to develop further with us at Travelodge and we’ll provide you a development plan to help you reach your goals. You can expect to have a full induction and training relevant to your role. We advertise all our vacancies internally, so you’ll have the opportunity to really develop your career with Travelodge.
Why not click ‘apply’ today? Don’t miss out on this opportunity to join the UK’s largest independent hotel provider as our Refurbishment Support Manager.