Night Shift Homecare Assistant - Isle of Wight (Adults)
Nighttime Homecare Assistant Job - Adults on the Isle of Wight
We are seeking an experienced Homecare Assistants to join our complex care team on the Isle of Wight, working night shifts in various locations across the island.
You will form an integral part of the Newcross Care at Home team in this varied and rewarding role, delivering person-centred care in accordance with personalised care plans that enrich lives.
The Homecare Assistant Job Role:
Our ideal team member will have experience in end of life care, medication administration and delivering first class personal care. Within your role you will be responsible for assisting with key health provision functions, including administering medication, pain relief and various domestic and healthcare tasks to assist the service users throughout the night.
You will have access to comprehensive training and 24 hour support, and in order to ensure that you always have enough work you will be employed on a permanent, flexible contract with guaranteed hours.
Due to the nature of this role, access to your own transport is preferred.
The benefits of joining the Newcross Complex Care Team:
- £8.46/hr including holiday pay
- Permanent contract with guaranteed hours that suit you
- Free DBS check upfront
- Free uniform upon joining
- Free ongoing training through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- One to one relationship with a local service manager
- 24/7 service from dedicated Central Support team
Upon joining, you’ll receive a full in-house induction as well as an introduction to the client you will be supporting, their needs and care plan. You’ll receive any training necessary to top up your skills, including a shadow shift if required.
To apply for this role, you will need:
- The ability to prove your right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months’ previous paid experience working in a complex care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care desirable
- Medication administration certificate highly preferable
- Up-to-date moving and handling training
Click the Apply Now button to begin your application.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.