Adult Personal Assistant Job - Isle of Wight - Night Shifts
We are seeking an experienced Personal/Care Assistants to join our complex care team on the Isle of Wight, working night shifts in various locations across the island.
You will play an essential part of the Newcross Complex Care team in this varied and rewarding role, delivering person-centred care in accordance with personalised care plans that enrich lives.
Our ideal team member will have experience in end of life care, medication administration and delivering first class personal care. Within your role you will be responsible for assisting with key health provision functions, including administering medication, pain relief and various domestic and healthcare tasks to assist the service users throughout the night.
If you are a passionate individual that takes pride in giving the best possible care that enhances the wellbeing and quality of life of every individual you care for, we want to hear from you.
About our team on the Island:
Our expert healthcare team on the Island is growing as clients experience the difference that the Newcross standard of care can make.
Unlike an agency, we focus on offering our staff a permanent job with all the flexibility to maintain a work / life balance. Enjoy a permanent contract, guaranteed house and free training with Newcross.
Recently awarded a ‘good’ rating by the CQC with special mention of our ‘dedicated’, ‘kind’ and ‘knowledgeable’ staff, our complex care at home are caring for more clients than ever before so whatever your specialist experience, we’ve got the role for you.
The benefits of joining the Newcross Complex Care Team:
- Salary of up to £8.46/hr, paid weekly plus bank holiday enhancements
- Permanent contract with guaranteed hours that suit you
- Free DBS check upfront
- Free uniform upon joining
- Free ongoing training through credits earned as you work
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- One to one relationship with a local service manager
- 24/7 service from dedicated Central Support team
Upon joining, you’ll receive a full in-house induction as well as an introduction to the client you will be supporting, their needs and care plan. You’ll receive any training necessary to top up your skills, including a shadow shift if required.
To apply for this role, you will need:
- The ability to prove your right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months’ previous paid experience working in a complex care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care desirable
- Medication administration certificate highly preferable
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months
Click the Apply Now button to begin your application.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.