CNC Programmer/Setter Milling
Our client has an exciting opportunity for a motivated and capable CNC Programmer/Setter Milling who wishes to progress within a dynamic and rapidly expanding engineering firm based in Blackburn, Lancs. They are offering the successful CNC Programmer/Setter Milling a competitive salary of £11.50-£14.00 per hour DOE plus shift allowances.
Established for over 35 years, our client is now one of the North West’s leading & multi award winning engineering, fabrication and machining companies. They require an experienced and gifted CNC Programmer/Setter for their purpose built facility at the Blackburn site.
Responsibilities as their CNC Programmer/Setter Milling:
Working within a predominantly low batch machining cell this role is to program, set and operate vertical and horizontal CNC Machining Centres of both Haas and Asquith Butler.
Due to the type of work, frequent and efficient setups are required. There is also a need to be involved in the inspection process for 1st off checks and in process checks.
With a high attention to detail, this role will require an engineer from an environment of high tolerance, low batch work.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience needed to become their CNC Programmer/Setter Milling:
- A minimum of 5 years’ post qualification experience in a technical machining background
- Ability to program Haas and Asquith Butler machines
- Experience of 3rd and 4th axis is essential and 5th axis would be a strong advantage
- Highest standards of H&S and Quality is essential
- Ability to interpret detailed engineering drawings and deliver conforming parts
- Working with various materials including exotic grade alloys
- A detailed understanding of engineering drawing, tooling selection, work holding & cutting strategy is essential
- A good communicator at all levels, with the ability to integrate and support a successful team.
CNC Programmer/Setter Milling Working Hours: Shift rotation 6am-2pm & 2pm-10pm
- 25 days holiday plus bank holiday
- Free car parking
- Child care vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Company Pension
- Employee Benefit Loan Scheme
- Health & Wellbeing Cashback Scheme
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become their next CNC Programmer/Setter Milling please click ‘Apply’ now!