7 days left
- Full Time
HGV Driver – Birmingham
HGV Drivers required to work for a leading drinks supplier delivering stock to customers in the Birmingham area.
Full-Time, Monday to Friday, early start to finish.
Class C license and experience in a multi-drop environment essential.
£23,866 and excellent benefits package.
To apply and for a full job description please visit our website by the “Apply” button on this page.
The Experience Matters
Matthew Clark is an award winning drinks supplier, offering our customers an unrivalled product range with more than 4,000 drinks. We strive to be the trusted partner of our nationwide customer base of hotels, restaurants, bars, pubs and clubs.
Working Monday to Friday “job and finish”, this position offers the opportunity to work within a friendly team in a successful & growing business. The transport team is made up of around 15 other drivers, who deliver to our customers as a team, reporting into the experienced Operations Manager. You will be supported on a day-to-day basis by a Drivers Mate who will help you unload deliveries, act as a banksman, as well as organise paperwork and route plan where required.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Delivering orders to customers in a courteous and efficient manner as tasked
- Completing all customer paperwork as directed and ensuring compliance with Optrak delivery schedules where applicable.
- Keeping all vehicles in good order and to carry out daily vehicle inspections as per Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Ensuring full compliance with Tachograph legislation for both Digi and Analogue equipped vehicles.
- Advising and assist with the loading and unloading of vehicles according to depot working practices.
- Completing all paperwork and administration required accurately, including the responsibility where necessary, for cash collection in accordance with SOPs.
- Recording, collecting and returning to the depot all empties, returns and damages placing them in the correct locations as directed.
- Ensuring that the vehicle is maintained in a roadworthy condition & all defects are reported daily.
- Some warehouse duties
What we’re looking for:
We are interested in hearing from HGV Class C drivers with experience in a multi-drop environment. As the face of our company you will be of smart appearance and enjoy interacting with our customers.
You will also:
- Have manual handling experience in a busy working environment.
- Be happy taking initiative to solve problems and working with minimal supervision at times,
- Be able to impress with your high standards - most importantly you take pride in working safely.
- Possess time management skills and be able to meet targets
- Be physically able to carry out duties e.g. load and unload kegs and cases of products
- Ideally you will also have good knowledge of the local area, so you will already have the lay of the land.
What we offer:
- You will enjoy working with a fantastic team, in an easily accessible location.
- We offer a competitive package which includes: Competitive Salary / 26 days annual leave + bank holidays / Pension Scheme / Staff Sales / Uniform provided
- Excellent training and support will be given to candidates that join us, with great opportunity for future development in our company.
Find out more about working for Matthew Clark by watching the video on our careers site: http://www.matthewclark.co.uk/about-us/careers/
If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been looking for, apply today ensuring that your CV/application details how you meet the above requirements.