7 days left
- Full Time
Cambridge University Press has a unique opportunity available for a Programme Manager to join the team. The role is a full time, 12 month fixed term contract offering a salary of £33,000 - £40,000 per annum plus benefits.
We are a global not-for-profit organisation, committed to the advancement of knowledge worldwide through our exciting publishing programme directed at learners. You will be joining a diverse and collaborative workforce and you will be supported in your career ambitions to achieve your potential. Help us achieve our mission, and you will have a career that is not only hugely satisfying but brings with it great benefits and a stimulating, supportive and flexible working environment.
We are looking for a qualified (MSP, APMP or PRINCE 2) Programme Manager to work within our English Language Teaching (ELT) Programmes and Processes team. The role manages one or more of our publishing programmes through all its phases from approval to programme closure. This ensures the programme is delivered to the agreed schedule, budget and quality. The Programme Manager is also responsible for the high-level tracking of all projects and programmes within a defined sub-portfolio.
What are the responsibilities of the Programme Manager?
- Taking responsibility for the development of full programme plans and associated programme documents to agreed guidelines, working with stakeholders from different functional groups such as Product Management, Product Build, Sales and Technology. Establishing resourcing requirements for the programmes
- Reporting on programme status to stakeholders including senior members of staff
- Resolve issues and identify risks, escalating when necessary
- Ensuring publishing programmes follow best practice and established processes
- Work with the process manager to contribute to process improvement
- Working with Editorial and Production teams to ensure that quality criteria are met
Skills & experience we are looking for will include:
This role requires a clear understanding of programme management principles. Relevant Programme and or Project Management experience is essential. You will also need a sound working knowledge of digital and print publishing production processes and experience of both budgeting and managing risks and change within projects/programmes. A project or programme management qualification, e.g. MSP, APMP or PRINCE2 is a requirement for this role.
We offer a fantastic benefits package!
Flexible working; subsidised school holiday childcare; private healthcare; free life assurance and a contributory pension scheme; 28 days’ annual leave in addition to bank holidays; subsidised restaurant; free on-site gym and sports facilities; free employee assistance programme and season ticket travel loans. Our offices are based in Cambridge, ten minutes from the train station and close to the guided bus way.
Closing date: 24th October 2016.
Why not click ‘apply’ today? Don’t miss out on this opportunity to join an organisation that play’s a leading role in today’s global market place as our Programme Manager.