Salary: £17,000 per annum following successful 6-month probationary period
Permanent - 37.5 hours per week
A leading social housing provider currently has an exciting opportunity for a Support Worker within their new young persons' project in Oadby.
The primary purpose of this post is to provide accommodation based housing related support to young people, aged 16-18.
As Support Worker, you will be responsible for developing and delivering a person-centred support package that is tailor-made to suit the needs of each individual accessing the service. The support should assist service users in developing the skills required to maintain independent living and either move on into permanent housing.
The key knowledge, skills and behaviours required for this role are:
- Min. 1 year of delivering support
- Knowledge and experience of working with vulnerable groups at risk of or socially excluded
- Ability to assess housing and support needs as part of a multi- agency process and to identify and break down barriers to housing for service users
- Communicates effectively both verbally and in writing
- Plans and prioritises effectively. Good time management and organisational skills.
- Flexible, approachable, positive and enthusiastic
- Focussed on actions and achieving outcomes
If you are the kind of person who can relate to the organisation's values and can help others to help themselves you'll gain a great deal from this role. In return, you will receive a competitive salary and benefits package.
Closing Date: Wednesday 19th October 2016 at 9:00am
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to an assessment centre on 31st October 2016. Interviews will be held week beginning 31st October 2016
How to apply:
Please click the apply button and send us your details.
Important: In order to be considered for this role please include within the first page of your CV a covering letter giving details of how you meet the role criteria.