An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Payroll Administrator to join the Sterling Group, one of the longest established contractor organisations in the UK.
Our primary business is the sub-contracting of employees employed through the Sterling Umbrella route within the construction industry as well as giving contractors the option to work through our self-employed route.
We are currently looking for an experienced Payroll Administrator to join our Warrington based team.
The Payroll Administrators are responsible for making weekly payments to Sterling Group employees and self-employed contractors, along with handling queries from employees and contractors regarding their pay.
Key tasks involved as the Payroll Administrator:
- Answer payroll queries from agencies or contractors in a professional manner
- Managing a portfolio of agencies, ensuring a high level of service is provided at all times
- Ensure contractors worked hours are invoiced accurately on the relevant system and are sent to the agency by the relevant method and agency deadline
- Make weekly payments to employees and self-employed contractors
- To process miscellaneous payments such as SSP, Holiday Pay, SMP, SSP to set deadlines
- Input employee expenses and deal with all queries relating to these
- Maintain a record of all unpaid invoices and receipts
- Complete ad-hoc forms i.e. Job Seekers Allowance, Child Support, Student Loans etc. and ensure these are scanned onto the Contractor's account
- Complete set routine daily and weekly tasks to strict deadlines
- To assist Customer Services to take calls when necessary to ensure a high level of customer service is maintained
Payroll Administrator Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- A confident and professional telephone manner
- Ability to work to strict deadlines and to switch tasks easily
- Good MS office skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proven experience in a fast paced, pressurised role
- Proven numerical skills are essential to the role
Payroll Administrator Desirable Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Previous Payroll experience (PAYE and Statutory Payments, Umbrella Companies, Self Employed contractors including CIS taxation
- Intermediate/Advanced MS Office skills
Salary: c. £16,000 - £18,000 p.a. dependant on experience, plus annual bonus
Benefits: 5% employer pension contribution, 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays rising with length of service, Simply Health scheme, free parking
Hours of Work: 38.5hrs, Monday to Friday 8.30am - 17.00pm with regular late shifts until 18.00pm
Apply for Payroll Administrator
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly