Accounts Assistant / Bookkeeper / Finance Assistant - Part Time
Job Title: Part-time Accounts Assistant
Location: Milton Park, Abingdon
Salary: £20,000 - £25,000 FTE to be pro-rated (depending upon experience)
Job Type: Permanent, Part time - 15 hours per week (to be worked as 4 x half days)
Our Client is an engineering company that aims to accelerate the development of fusion energy by combining two emerging technologies - spherical tokamaks and high-temperature superconductors. The company was originally established in 2009 and since then, the strategy has evolved to prioritise building a pilot plant to exceed fusion energy breakeven. The company's innovation has been recently recognized on Channel 4 news, Reuters internet news channel and through a Technology Pioneer Award at the World Economic Forum.
Person and Job Specification
Due to the increasing pace of development of the business, our Client is recruiting an Accounts Assistant reporting to the Financial Controller. You will be critical to the smooth running of the Finance function. The job holder will be fully responsible for the Purchase ledger but will work in many areas as detailed below.
Duties will include (but are not limited to):
- Checking and posting purchase invoices, expense claims & credit card expenditure
- Posting of daily bank transactions
- Preparing payment runs
- Reconciling supplier statements and liaising with suppliers regarding queries
- Preparing month end reconciliations, including bank reconciliations, within month end deadlines
- Preparing sales invoices (in Euros) and managing sales contract progress
- VAT return preparation
Personal Skills and Attributes
- Positive with a "can do" attitude
- Good communication skills
- Keen attention to detail
Contacts and Communication
- The post holder will liaise internally with many areas of the business, including budget holders.
- The post holder will liaise externally with suppliers and contractors.
Any other Relevant Information
The role is currently for 15 hours per week, which are to be ideally worked as 4 x half days (Mon-Thurs).
There may be an opportunity for further hours at a later date and it would be ideal if the successful candidate could work some extra hours during very busy periods.
As is typical with many roles in a finance department, the taking of annual leave directly after the month end (or year end) may be restricted to some degree.
- AAT qualified (or part qualified) or qualified by experience
Knowledge and Experience
- Understanding and experience of finance processes and procedures
- Good analytical and reconciliation skills with an eye for detail
- Good Excel skills and ability to pick up new systems quickly
- Process data quickly and accurately with an eye for detail
- Experience of working in an all-round finance role within an SME
- Experience of using Microsoft Navision Dynamics
Personal skill and Qualities
Team Work Skills
- Able to work both as part of a team and work independently
- Good written and spoken English
- Flexibility and willingness to work additional hours at busy times.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV for this role.
Candidates with experience or relevant job titles of; Bookkeeper, Accounts Assistant, Accounts Administrator, Accounts Clerk, Finance Clerk, Finance Administrator, Finance Assistant, Finance Admin, Accounts Officer, Accounts Team Assistant, Accounts Co-ordinator, Accounts Clerk, AAT Qualified, AAT Part Qualified, Financial Assistant, Accounts Admin, Finance Admin, Bookkeeping will also be considered for the role.
Apply for Accounts Assistant / Bookkeeper / Finance Assistant - Part Time
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly