Project Worker (Mental Health)
£15,805 - £18,155 per annum (depending on experience)
Permanent, 37 hours per week
Our client has been successfully providing housing and support in the community for adults with mental health needs for over 40 years.
Project Worker – Responsibilities
- You will support and care for individuals with severe and enduring mental health needs to live their lives in a positive way, and assist them to improve their physical and mental well-being and promote and encourage as much independence as possible.
- You will have a duty of care to safeguard and protect vulnerable residents/potential residents and liaise with multi-disciplinary teams and carers
- You will gain skills to ensure that residents are empowered, supported and well cared for working towards a CQC outstanding rating
- You will work with the residents to prompt them to remember their appointments
- You’ll talk to residents about their future plans and support them with these
- It’s also important to offer a chat and emotional support to those who are having a difficult day
With help from senior staff you will liaise with the resident, the staff team and other agencies to put a care plan in place, which everyone working there can refer to. There’s also scope for doing off-site activities with your key clients that they may particularly enjoy such as groups and clubs, for example gardening or arts and crafts.
Our client has a training department and a primary focus of supervision is learning and development. You will find that your colleagues are supportive and welcoming in your new role and that you receive excellent support from the management team who are committed to supporting staff to develop their skills and ensuring that staff members feel listened to and supported.
The role can be challenging but very rewarding. They deliver care 24/7 and have enhanced pay for night shifts and sleep-ins.
Closing date: Tuesday 18th October 2016 by 10:00AM