Imexpart Ltd, one of the largest and most respected independent Truck & Bus Parts Specialists in the UK are seeking 3 Warehouse Technicians to join their expanding team in Castleford, West Yorkshire. Having served the automotive industry since 1986, Imex is a leading independent parts distributor, offering a genuine alternative to the franchised network.
Imex currently enjoys one of the best staff retention rates in the industry with various initiatives, rewards and benefits contributing to what makes life at Imex both rewarding and enjoyable.
As Warehouse Technician, you duties will be:
- Ensure that all goods are received, repackaged and stored speedily and according to company guidelines.
- Ensure that all customer orders are completed as required; this includes collects, our own transport and overnight deliveries.
- Ensure accuracy of stock by assisting with regular perpetual and annual audits and regular stock location audits.
- Correct identification and storage of products and utilisation of space.
- Adhere to all systems and procedures including supplier confidentiality and the correct application of packing materials.
- Prepare and load inter branch transfer stock on company vehicles.
- Security of the workplace including, leaving the building secure at the close of business, being vigilant at all times for visitors, non Imex staff and pilfering.
- Deal effectively with customers at the trade counter.
- General housekeeping within the warehouse ensuring your area is clean, tidy and complies with health and safety regulations.
- Record stock location changes.
- Recognise, identify and report damaged stock.
- Company policy, procedures, dealing with forms/paperwork correctly according to guidelines.
- Be prepared to assist in all sections of the warehouse.
An ideal Warehouse Technician will hold the following skills and experiences:
- Experience within the automotive industry
- Good levels of literacy and numeracy are essential.
- Good customer service skills
- Polite and courteous manner
The Company is committed to developing its staff, recognising their contribution and giving them the skills and expertise to perform well in their roles - which helps us offer customers a unique level of service. As well as outstanding modern facilities and friendly welcoming staff, employees also receive:
- A starting salary of £18,000 - £20,000 per annum
- 25 days annual holiday plus 8 statutory days, which increases to 28 days with service - (pro rata for part time staff)
- Pension scheme to which the company makes contributions
- Corporate clothing
- We are committed to developing our business and because of that we will always invest in our most valuable asset - our staff.
To apply for this position please submit your CV online.
recruitx ref: 52781425 / INDMP