HR Business Partner
WDH have an exciting opportunity for a Level 7 qualified HR professional to join us as a HR Business Partner, based in the Wakefield District and earning from £29,208 - £32,406 per annum.
We are looking for a HR Business Partner who has significant experience of working within a Human Resources department, advising and guiding managers and employees on the full spectrum of Employee Relations issues .
The successful candidate will work with specific business areas to provide high quality HR support, proactively identifying and addressing any issues that impact on business priorities. In addition to this you will provide advice and guidance on a wide range of people issues including attendance management, discipline and grievance and performance management.
Reporting to the HR Operations Manager, our HR Business Partner will be able to demonstrate a detailed working knowledge of employment legislation and HR best practice along with the ability to deal with complex issues of a confidential nature.
Our HR Business Partner will have the following responsibilities:
- Maintain effective employee relations by providing advice and guidance to effectively manage people issues
- Maintain an awareness and understanding of appropriate legislation and statutory requirements as well as national, regional and local developments and evaluate their effect on service area processes;
- Undertake specific project management initiatives as required relating to policy or service initiatives and contribute to new policy initiatives as required;
- Undertake recruitment, selection and change management in accordance with WDH policies and procedures, and the Delegation Framework;
- Contribute to team plans, within the corporate, strategic and business planning processes of WDH and the Service Area;
- Be responsible for managing devolved budgets within the Delegation Framework, to ensure allocated resources meet the need of service users.
- Deputise for the HR Operations Manager in their absence where required and provide support/guidance to Directors and Managers to reach appropriate decisions in line with case law and legislation .
What can we offer?
WDH is accredited by Investors in People, which means we recognise that our employees are our most valuable asset. Among the benefits of joining us, all new starters receive an annual leave entitlement linked to length of service, access to a fantastic Employee Benefits discount scheme, auto-enrolment into a Local Government Pension Scheme and the opportunity to request flexible working arrangements.
Closing date: 14 October 2016.
For further information about this role please contact Sarah Tempera, HR Operations Manager on 01977 788613 or our Recruitment Team on 01977 724698.
If you think you would make the perfect HR Business Partner then please click ‘apply’ today.
Please note: We do not accept CVs.