An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Buyer to join Corin based in Cirencester.
Corin is a global leader in orthopaedic innovation, specialising in the design, development and manufacture of a wide range of cutting edge artificial implant solutions for hip, knee and ankle replacement. Founded in Cirencester in the UK in 1985, our products are now distributed globally through subsidiaries in the USA, Australia, Japan, South Africa, Germany, Austria and Italy, as well as through an extensive distributor network across Asia, Europe, Latin America and the Middle East.
The main purpose of the Senior Buyer role is to ensure that goods and services are purchased in an effective manner maximising the cost benefit to Corin whilst working within the defined procedures.
As a Senior Buyer your duties and responsibilities will be:
- Actively participate in the procurement process to secure goods / services in support of Corin's business activities.
- Perform bid and quotation activities and provide analysis report and summary recommendations to the business in accordance with CIPS guidelines.
- Work with all areas of the business to drive continuous improvement and cost reduction activities through appropriate means such as negotiation, tendering, supplier stocking programmes as required to meet business targets.
- Work with the Procurement Manager to ensure that appropriate commercial structure is in place with suppliers where required including creating and implementing contracts and agreements where appropriate.
- Carry out day to day purchasing activities as identified within the purchasing procedures.
- Maintain required records, such as quotes, price lists and supplier correspondence in accordance with the requirements defined.
- Actively promote continuous improvement within the team.
An ideal Senior Buyer will have the following skills and experience:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills supported by good PC skills.
- Robust and proven experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Proactive self-starter, used to working using own initiative.
- Good attention to detail with high levels of accuracy.
- Experience in managing suppliers and keeping performance levels within the parameters of the defined contract.
- Good interpersonal, influencing and presentation skills.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills, flexible and able to deal with conflicting priorities
- Keen to start or continue CIPS qualification to MCIPS standard.
In return for this you will receive a competitive salary depending on experience.
For an opportunity to join this expanding company please submit your CV online.
recruitx ref: 52780923 / INDMP