Volunteer Finance Manager / Volunteer Financial Controller
PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A VOLUNTEER ROLE TO WORK OVERSEAS
Job Title: Volunteer Finance Manager
Location: Mikindani, Tanzania
- £200 monthly allowance
- Room and Board Provided (All Non-Alcoholic Drinks, Meals and Bills included)
- Volunteers are provided a fully funded return flight
Contract Length: 3 Months
Working closely with the Project Managers in the UK and Tanzania as well as other Volunteers; manage the overall finances of all projects in Tanzania including a vocational training hotel and Trade Aid Tanzania Community Projects and develop new financial procedures to improve training hotels accountancy system and controls. Furthermore you will be responsible for training and assessing local accountancy trainees. You will report to the Project Manager in the UK but will be required to work in partnership with the Project Manager Tanzania on day to day tasks.
- Overall day to day monitoring of the financial aspects of Trade Aid's work in Tanzania.
- Overall management of the Hotel financial procedures
- Development and provision of accountancy and business training for staff
- Develop new financial procedures
- Develop and implement a greater level of financial control
- Management of all accounting staff in Mikindani in regard to the production and maintenance of accurate and timely records
- Preparation of management accounts and other financial records
- Internally audit and liaise with external auditors
- Support the Project Manager and other members of the management team, performing any reasonable tasks assigned by the Project Manager TZ
- Any other duties reasonably assigned by the Project Manager UK
- Advise the Trustees on all aspects of the charity's financial activities
- Ensure that all financial activities comply with all local law, taxation, licensing and reporting requirements
- Prepare suitable accounts for external auditors
- Check the financial records of the charity ensuring that they are accurate, timely and meet the legal responsibilities of the charity
- Monitor and support all accounting staff including the development of training and support plans. Assist in providing regular appraisals
- Oversee all income and expenditure in each area of activity
- Attend meetings with other managers and advise on the financial situation. Support them in the proper financial control and reporting of their departments
- Prepare monthly management accounts including P & L, balance sheet, and cash flow forecasts as appropriate, for each area of activity
- Support the Trustees in UK in the preparation of annual budgets
- Visit Dar es Salaam to liaise with auditors and Government Departments as appropriate
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for the role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Volunteer Finance Manager, Volunteer Financial Controller, Volunteer Accounting, Volunteer Finance Controller, Volunteer Finance Manager, Financial Analyst, Finance Associate, Senior Finance Coordinator, Senior Finance Manager, Management Accountant, Finance Director, Accountant, Finance Specialist, Senior Financial Executive, Financial Accounting, Head of Finance, Accounts Controller, Purchase Ledger, HP Accounting, Sales Ledger, Cash Allocation, Cash Forecasting, Sage, Financial Accounts, Payroll Accounting, VAT Accounting, Financial Accountant will also be considered for this role.