3rd Line Support / IT Project Engineer / ICT Support Engineer
Job Title: 3rd Line IT Support Engineer
Location: Office London in SW6. Clients predominantly in Mayfair and the City.
Are you an experienced 2nd / 3rd Line IT Support Engineer looking to further your career in the Financial Services industry? Are you excited by the fast paced nature of Hedge Fund Technology?
Our client is leading global IT Managed Services Provider specialising in the fast paced Financial Services sector. Continued growth has provided the exciting opportunity for a 3rd Line Field Engineer to join their dynamic team. You will be supporting Financial Services clients predominantly at client offices across Central London, including Hedge Funds and Private Equity Firms. These clients demand the highest levels of support and the company requires someone who works well under pressure both individually and as part of a support team.
You will be responsible for the support and maintenance of server, desktop and/or network infrastructure for multiple high profile Financial Service clients. The role is a split between BAU and Project work for both existing and new business clients.
- Provide 2nd/3rd line support on desktop infrastructure and Microsoft Servers
- Implement new server and desktop technologies
- Manage implementation of hardware/software related projects
- Network technologies such as LAN/WAN, DNS, DHCP, TCP/P
- Be available for out-of-hours weekend telephone support via the on-call rota,
- MINIMUM 3 years demonstrable 2nd/3rd line support experience in a similar role, ideally with financial services sector exposure.
- Experience working for a Managed Services Provider (MSP)
- Proven detailed knowledge and experience with Microsoft Server, Active Directory & Microsoft Exchange technologies.
- Ability to work in high pressure environments individually and as part of a team.
Key Skills Required:
- Build and Configuration of Windows 2008 and 2012 Server and Exchange 2010, 2013 and Office 365.
- Virtual Environment experience (VMware, HyperV).
- Market Data Knowledge.
- Tape and Internet Backup Utilities.
- Network Topologies
- The following skills are advantageous (but not all requirements) and would be utilised if applicable; Firewall (Cisco ASA) configuration, complex routing, Cisco IOS, SAN, SQL, Citrix XenApp and Xen Desktop, Mac OSX
The ideal candidate will be capable of interacting with clients at a very high level, as well as being technically competent and highly motivated.
Hourly rates during standard hours:
- £25.00 per hour for Desktop work
- £30.00 per hour for Server work
- £35.00 per hour for Network or Project Management work
Hourly rates during premium hours (after 7.30 PM and Weekends)
- £32.50 per hour for Desktop work
- £40.00 per hour for Server work
- £47.50 per hour for Network or Project Management work
The Company Offer:
Exposure to many different environments and exciting technologies. Excellent career development and internal progression opportunities within the business both in London and Internationally.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of; 3rd Line Field Engineer, IT Analyst, Support Engineer, Win Server; 2008, 2012, 3rd Line Support, Engineer, IT Field Engineer, Field Engineer, Analyst, IT Analyst And Field Support Engineer, 3rd Line Senior Engineer, Senior I.T. Support Engineer will also be considered for this role.
Apply for 3rd Line Support / IT Project Engineer / ICT Support Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly