Brighton College has a unique opportunity available to fill Cleaner vacancies in East Sussex. The roles are part time day and evening positions, we have multiple shift patterns available. We are offering the Cleaner a salary of £7.20 per hour inclusive of holiday pay.
Brighton College is one of Britain's leading schools. Described as "Britain's most forward thinking school" by The Week, it was named UK Independent School of the Year 2013-14 at the Independent Schools Awards, having previously been awarded the coveted title of England's Independent School of the Year 2011-12 by The Sunday Times.
We are looking for hard-working, honest and reliable individuals to join the Cleaning Departments in our busy school. The successful Cleaner will help to keep the premises clean and tidy, ensuring that a clean and safe environment is provided for pupils, staff and visitors.
What are the responsibilities of the Cleaner?
- To clean designated areas. This may include hallways, floors, toilets, showers, classrooms etc.
- To use the cleaning equipment and materials necessary to carry out your duties in a safe way. This may include diluting and using cleaning chemicals as instructed with due regard to the COSHH regulations.
- To operate cleaning machinery in accordance with instructions and within Health & Safety guidelines and to keep such machinery in a clean and safe condition reporting faults to your team leader.
- To collect and remove rubbish from work areas to a collection point as directed.
- To carry out emergency cleaning as required – this may be as a result of accidents, sickness, vandalism or fire.
- To report defects such as faulty plugs, fuses etc. to your team leader.
- To take such measures as to protect the College and its contents.
- To comply with regulations relating to security and confidentiality.
- To take appropriate Health & Safety precautions, where necessary, whilst carrying out your duties, thereby ensuring the personal safety of all staff, pupils and visitors.
- Any reasonable management request.
Closing Date: 14th October 2016
Why not click ‘apply’ today? Don’t miss out on this opportunity to join one of Britain's leading schools as our Cleaner.
Brighton College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children; the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced disclosure through the DBS.