This role will be working at our clients Head Office in Skelmersdale managing and taking control of credit control within their accounts department, making decisions on new credit accounts, supporting their other branches throughout the UK and ensuring outstanding debt is kept to a minimum.
Credit Controller - Main Responsibilities:
• Contacting customers to progress outstanding payments and obtain an accurate payment date.
• Recording payment promises and following up with the customer to ensure payments are made when agreed.
• To collate details of any disputed invoices and liaise with the relevant department to resolve.
• Ensure customer queries are rectified quickly.
• Calculate and raise credit notes.
• To provide their Branch Managers with a fast response service developing a strong working relationship.
• Liaise with their insurance company regarding long overdue accounts including preparation of accurate case notes if required.
• Making decisions on new credit account applications and decide on appropriate level of credit given.
• Ensuring all customers are dealt with in a professional and friendly manner.
• Inputting and reconciling customer payments that come into the bank account each day.
Credit Controller - Experience and Qualifications:
• Experience of credit control is essential.
• Confident in Sage line 50 software.
• A* - C GCSE or equivalent in Maths & English.
• IT Literate – confident in using various systems.
• Good organisational skills.
• Attention to detail and accuracy.
Location: Skelmersdale, WN8
Salary: Dependant on Experience
Start Date: Immediate Start Available
Job Type: Full Time (Permanent)
Hours: Monday – Friday 09.00am - 17.30pm
Our client is a rapidly expanding and successful business specialising in the supply of equipment for various different applications relating to Lifting & Handling. The service that they offer includes the Hire, Sale, Repair, Inspection, Testing and Design & Fabrication of most types of lifting related equipment on a regional, national and international level.
The company operates from 9 strategically placed branch locations those being Preston, Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds, West London, East London, Glasgow, Birmingham and Middlesbrough that employs around 80 full time staff between its sites.
They also have a Projects Division based in Preston which specialises in Heavy Lifting Equipment, Contract Lifting and Bespoke Fabrication. Our client started in 2007 and shows sustainable growth year on year.
Please apply online for the Credit Controller role with your CV and covering letter.
Please check your email for confirmation that your application has been received for the Credit Controller role and to follow further instructions if applicable.