Data Analyst / Business Analyst
Data Analyst / Business Analyst, Salary: Up to £30k , Based in Peterborough
We have an exciting opportunity for a Data Analyst / Business Analyst to work for a market leading business who are part of a global group, supporting the Operational Business Improvement team. Reporting to the Business Improvement Manager or the National Operations Manager, the Data Analyst / Business Analyst will be tasked with completing.
Data Analyst / Business Analyst Main tasks;
- Complete KPI’s and reports on a daily, weekly, monthly basis
- Identify, develop and implement new reports and KPI design
- Complete analysis of a particular problem, on site if required (the company have multiple sites across the UK – occasional overnight stays may be required).
- Identify the root cause and suggest solutions
- Other Tasks; • CAPEX pre approval • Liaise with internal functions on Material and Labour costs • Work with IT to identify further development opportunities • Coordinate with the region for report and analysis, on site if required
- Sound business background, preferably working in Data analyst / Business Analyst capacity
- Expert knowledge of EXCEL and other data analysis tools
- Capable of using Microsoft Office for reports and presentations
- Working knowledge of Navision beneficial or similar business operating systems
- EXCEL Data analysis capability, able to use EXCEL formulas and data tools within short lead time, MiniTab experience or use of other similar data analysis tools
- Understand IT and finance processes and procedures
- Understanding of SQL and building databases from scratch would be beneficial
- Decision Making/Complex Problem Solving - a clear thinker who proactively gathers the right data from appropriate sources to make the right decisions.
- Aptitude to create innovative solutions but can probe and consider all the facts and details, while still staying aligned with the long term plans and goals
- Proactive and able to act decisively, promptly and confidently.
- Excellent communicator both verbally and written with an ability to communicate with all levels in the organisation (operational, business, executive).
- Analyse Numbers and KPI’s in an operational environment
- Concise reporting from accurate analysis
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for then please apply, attaching your CV.