Would you like the opportunity to make a positive impact on the lives of others around you? Do you possess excellent communication and administration skills? If so Thomas Pocklington Trust are recruiting and we want to hear from you.
Thomas Pocklington Trust is a charity committed to increasing awareness and understanding of the needs of people with sight loss and to developing and implementing services which meet their needs and improve lives. Moving forward, the charity will strive to champion needs, provide change leadership, seek out gaps in service provision and with the cooperation of like-minded partner organisations, prioritise actions aimed at addressing identified deficiencies.
Due to continuing business success and growth we now have a fantastic opportunity available for a part time Project Administrator to join our team in Birmingham. This part time position is for 25 hours per week and has a salary of £23,000 pro rata.
Project Administrator key responsibilities:
- Responsible for maintaining a database, ensuring that details of all staff and service users are updated when necessary.
- Maintain the upkeep of the Birmingham Vision website.
- Be responsible for ordering stationery and other items.
- Participate in the organisation of events, staff meetings and conferences as appropriate.
- Assist in all areas of communications such as web, blog writing, preparing a newsletter, leaflets, photographs and recorded material.
- Provide admin support for meetings as and when required, including organising, booking rooms, preparing papers and taking minutes.
- Oversee the opening and recording of all incoming post and allocation to staff as appropriate and maintain the filing system.
- Prepare general correspondence to a professional standard, e.g. drafting letters, internal memoranda, policies and reports.
- Maintain confidentiality of information regarding Birmingham Vision members, families and carers at all times.
- Participate in personal training and development as agreed/authorised by the Chief Officer.
The ideal Project Administrator:
- Experience of working in an office environment.
- High level of written and oral communication skills.
- High level of interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of Data Protection Act principles and Health and Safety regulations.
- Be conversant with Microsoft Office and IT systems.
- Be willing to attend training when required.
- Experience of planning meetings and events.
In return for your hard work as our Project Administrator, you can expect to receive a salary of £23,000 pro rata plus a range of benefits.
If you are looking for your next challenge as an Project Administrator then we want to hear from you, please click APPLY!
Closing Date: 24th October 2016
No terminology in the advert you have seen is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we will gladly accept applications from all sections of the community.