Support Worker / Job Trainer / Community Outreach Worker /Carer
Job Title: Support Worker / Job Trainer / Community Outreach Worker
Over the past 30 years our client has grown to be a major provider of support services in the region and currently have 700 employees. They provide support services in a variety of settings to people with disabilities including individual supported living, mental health service and employment, respite/short term breaks, registered care homes as well as extra care housing.
To provide high quality, person centred care and support, to the people using the company's services and to enable them to achieve positive outcomes which are important to them.
To support disabled / vulnerable adults, including elderly people to remain living in the community by providing care and support within the person's own home and / or within the wider community or in their place of employment, in accordance with their support plan.
Provide safe, flexible and responsive support in line with current statutory requirements, legislation and adhere to guidance in the employee handbook.
Staff may be expected to work at different locations across the service, participate in the on call system and be required to work a range of shifts including evenings, weekends, sleep ins, waking nights and Bank Holidays.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To support people with disabilities using person centred and enabling approaches to ensure that people maintain or maximise their independence wherever possible.
- To provide opportunities which enable people to become active and valued members of their communities.
- To maximise the safety of the person supported, staff, and the community within a risk enablement culture which supports people to achieve positive outcomes in their lives.
- To complete and / or maintain accurate records relating to the person supported in accordance with the relevant service provision, current regulations and companies policies and procedures including: financial expenditure on behalf the of person, daily records - personal care records, team communication records, progress reports etc., administration of medication, care and support plans, health action plans
- To ensure any needs from the health actions plans are implemented and kept updated, where applicable.
- To work collaboratively with families, other professionals and providers.
- To enable people supported to maintain their tenancies, home environment and promote good relationships with third parties e.g. neighbours, landlords.
- To support people with dignity and respect in order to meet their identified needs, as detailed in their support plan, including: physical support particularly in relation to moving and handling, personal care, daily living tasks, administration of medication
- To support people to access a range of opportunities and experiences, either from their own home or in a community setting, including: adult learning, employment, social and leisure, assistive technology / IT skills, volunteering / employment
- religious and cultural activities
- To work as a team member.
- To work in accordance with current legislation, regulations and the company's Policies, Procedures and Protocols.
You may need to use your own car or public transport to undertake the duties required by this post.
All new employees will be required to complete an induction training programme to undertake the duties required by the post and to demonstrate their own ongoing professional development.
It is compulsory for employees to attend regular supervision, monthly team meetings any mandatory or specialist training necessary to meet the health and social care needs of the person supported.
To apply for this role please click the APPLY button and further information will be sent to your email.
IMPORTANT: Please read through this information carefully
Candidates with experience in ; Health Care Assistant, Outreach Support Worker, Care Support Worker, Support Worker, Carer, Care Support, Care Assistant, Job Trainer, Social Worker, LSW, LSA, Support Assistant, Special Needs Support, Mental Health Support, and Support will be considered for this role.