Would you like the opportunity to make a positive impact on the lives of others around you? Do you possess excellent communication skills and the drive to deliver the highest standard of customer service? If so Thomas Pocklington Trust are recruiting and we want to hear from you.
Thomas Pocklington Trust is a charity committed to increasing awareness and understanding of the needs of people with sight loss and to developing and implementing services which meet their needs and improve lives. Moving forward, the charity will strive to champion needs, provide change leadership, seek out gaps in service provision and with the cooperation of like-minded partner organisations, prioritise actions aimed at addressing identified deficiencies.
Due to continuing business success and growth we now have a fantastic opportunity available for an Employment Advisor to join our team in Central London on a 12 Months fixed-term with potential to be renewed. This position is for 36 hours per week and has a salary of £24,969 per annum.
Employment Advisor key responsibilities:
- Recruit service users through Thomas Pocklington Trust, local authorities, health organisations, sight loss organisations, community groups and employability services
- Carry out assessments to decide suitability of service users for Pocklington’s employment support
- Travel to meeting points within London to support service users whose mobility is restricted
- Monitor the progress of service users and record accurate, objective case notes as well as raising any safeguarding concerns with the Head of London Services
- Signpost service users to appropriate training providers, employability services, sight loss organisations and voluntary organisations
- Support service users to apply for jobs and through the interview process as well as supporting with the transition from welfare to work
- Provide support and advice for those who are concerned about how their sight loss will affect their existing employment
- Provide support and advice finding new employment opportunities and during the transition from one role to another
- Liaise with recruiters, employers, occupational health providers and Access to Work if requested when a service user transitions to a new employer
- Provide advice to those in employment and create personal development plans to aid career progression
- Liaising with service users and employers to identify person opportunities in the workplace for personal development
- Identifying external opportunities for training, leadership and work experience to aid career progression
- Build relationships with internal and external organisations to work collaboratively to improve employment opportunities
The ideal Employment Advisor:
- A good standard of general education (minimum A levels or Level 3 equivalent)
- Proficient use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Experience of delivering frontline support in employability services or projects OR a background in human resources
- Experience of working with adults with disabilities (in a voluntary or paid capacity)
- Experience of delivering training
- Basic knowledge of the current welfare system including job seeker’s allowance, employment and support allowance, working tax credits, universal credit and housing benefits
- Be willing to work flexible hours and travel independently across London
In return for your hard work as our Employment Advisor, you can expect to receive a salary of £24,969 per annum plus a range of benefits.
If you are looking for your next challenge as an Employment Advisor then we want to hear from you, please click APPLY!
Closing Date: 24th October 2016
No terminology in the advert you have seen is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we will gladly accept applications from all sections of the community.