Qualified Chartered Accountant - Real Estate Funds
6 days left
- Full Time
Overview of AEW UK:
AEW UK Investment Management LLP (“AEW UK”) are the Investment Manager to 4 funds (AEW UK Core Property Fund, AEW UK Real Return Fund, AEW UK South East Office Fund Limited Partnership and AEW UK REIT plc) that invest in property throughout the UK.
AEW UK is a 50/50 joint venture between AEW Europe and our UK senior management team. AEW Europe is a leading European real estate investment manager. With 9 offices throughout Europe, the group has over 280 employees who are responsible for over €16.6 billion of assets under management. AEW Europe is a subsidiary of Natixis Global Asset Management (NGAM), the asset management platform of the Natixis group.
Background to role:
Fund Controller required within the AEW UK Operations team which includes: Oversight of Operations, Control and Risk Management functions to the AEW UK REIT plc and AEW UK South East Office Fund Limited Partnership managed by AEW UK.
Key Roles, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Review quarterly NAV’s (under IFRS accounting standards) of the funds calculated by the fund administrators and liaise with the portfolio managers for sign-offs.
- Monthly review of all management accounts prepared for the funds by the fund administrator.
- Preparation of various periodical financial reports analysing the fund's financial performance, such as investor reporting, London Stock Exchange RNS announcements and fund models.
Audit and tax:
- Coordination of the annual and interim audits required for the funds, communications with the fund administrators to answer external auditors questions.
- Coordination and review of the quarterly VAT, annual tax filings and monthly Construction Industry Scheme (CIS) returns for the legal entities with the fund administrators and tax advisors.
- Monitoring of cash activities within the funds, including managing use of credit and loan facilities, calculation and review of capital calls and distributions to the investors and preparation of cash flow forecasting.
- Preparation of bank loan covenant calculations
Service provider oversight
- Participate in weekly and quarterly calls to provide updates and monitor performance of fund administrators.
- Provide updates on significant events and answer ad-hoc queries to the depositaries of the funds.
- Preparation and continued development of risk reporting including risk identification, monitoring and measurement, monthly stress testing, investment guideline monitoring.
- Answering of operational related ad-hoc investor questions.
- Maintenance of accounting/reporting policies and procedures.
- Preparation of papers required for board and investment management committee meetings.
- Review of management and performance fee calculations.
- A strong technical accountant with 3-4 years post qualification experience in the Real Estate industry, ideally gained within the real estate department of a large audit firm with exposure to managing a REIT.
- Highly numerate with strong attention to detail.
- Flexible and able to work under own initiative.
- A personable team player with strong communication skills.
- Strong modelling experience and Excel proficiency (ability to build Excel cashflow models, including calculation of IRRs & carried interest, build and interpret Macros).
- Technical expertise in IFRS/UK GAAP accounting standards relevant to Real Estate.
- Knowledge of UK listed company (plc) disclosures and listing rules relevant to UK REIT structures.
- Understanding of Limited Partnership operations (carried interest calculations, capital calls/distributions, LPA agreements).
- Knowledge of derivate valuations and hedge accounting.
- Knowledge of AIFMD reporting requirements.
- Understanding of real estate valuation methodology
Apply for this position by e-mailing your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com
Closing date: 1st November 2016
Apply for Qualified Chartered Accountant - Real Estate Funds
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly