Service Manager (Children)
Are you a motivated Service Manager in Bristol looking to take the next step in your career? Do you have supervisory experience with children and young people with learning difficulties? If so, then we would love to hear from you!
We are looking to recruit a Service Manager to join a Residential School for children and young people aged between 5 – 19 years old who have severe and complex learning difficulties. You will be leading a team of Keyworkers and Support Workers to maintain a stable, happy and caring environment with the welfare of their young people at the forefront of what they do!
As Service Manager you will ensure the residential school is run to a high standard, ensuring each individual child/young person has the quality support and guidance they need. This will include:
- Promoting equality, acknowledging young people’s differences and uphold their rights.
- Monitoring performance and behaviour of your team, ensuring they have a detailed knowledge of each child with regular assessments and care plans.
- Liaising with families and external agencies to represent the young person.
- Ensuring all members of the team receive supervision and appraisals.
- Document and record actions and strategies from multi-disciplinary meetings.
- Inspiring and leading staff to deliver quality outcomes.
- Ensuring a Proactive, Positive and Friendly approach with fresh new ideas.
- Recruitment and selection of care team members as required.
What do I need to become a Service Manager?
- You will have experience within a supervisory role and experience with learning disabilities and/or special needs
- QCF Level 3 in Health & Social Care or equivalent
- Attained or Working towards QCF Level 5 Diploma for H&SC and CYP
- QCF assessor qualification or commitment to undertake this on successful completion of probationary period.
- First Aid.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone dedicated to provide a quality service to young people by inspiring and leading your team. There is on-going training and support available within our client’s organisation, so if you are wanting opportunities to progress the possibilities are endless. So click on ‘Apply’ to take the next step in your career.