Project Engineer / Cloud / MSP / Office365 / Azure
Job Title: Project Engineer
Salary: up to £48,000 per annum
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
A well-regarded IT Service Provider based in Central London for Cloud / Office 365 Engineers, ideally with experience working within an IT Service Provider or Managed Service provider environment.
This business is a Microsoft Gold Partner, fast-growing and as such offers exceptional career growth potential. They work primarily to support the complete IT infrastructure of their clients.
- Act as technical resource, in support of project installations which utilise a variety of technologies
- When directed, technically approve planned installations, upgrades and change requests. Ensure that appropriate technical implementation plans, test plans, and contingency plans are in place and ensure that existing systems are not compromised by any proposed changes.
- Ensure that acceptance testing and witness testing of new installations and changes to existing installations is carried out before handover to BAU for on-going management.
- Ensure that Project Managers and the business are regularly updated on project process.
- As requested, create design standards, equipment lists, standardised configurations, test plans etc for inclusion in proposals and incorporation into project plans.
- As directed, provide Technical pre-sales support to the sales team including the preparation of technical proposals and delivery of technical presentations to customers and potential customers.
- When requested, review and approve sales proposals from a technical perspective and ensure that any proposed technical solution is in line with the company’s standards and that the solution proposed is appropriate, given financial constraints imposed and that managed technical risk maps are in place.
- Ensure that all software, hardware and communication systems recommended for inclusion in system designs are robust, value for money and all risks of failure together with the consequences of failure have been fully identified.
- Identify and propose new technologies to the Technical Architecture Manger / Chief Technical Office for consideration.
- Understand the road map of all products and solutions the company offer to the client base.
- Gain and maintain relevant supplier accreditations, as agreed with the Technical Services Manager, to support this responsibility.
- Ensure that the company’s Change Control process is adhered to.
- Ensure that all billable time is correctly logged in the ConnectWise system.
- As directed, perform audits of existing and potential client environments to ascertain suitable solutions to propose.
- Public cloud platforms AWS, Azure, Google etc
- VMWare – VCP
- Citrix, Terminal Services, VDI
- Microsoft Server (2003 – 2012 R2) and application set, SQL, IIS, CRM, SharePoint
- Strong storage skills, Fibre channel, ISCSI, SAN and NAS
- Strong networking skills; Juniper, Cisco, HP, Sonicwall
- Exchange and Office 365, including migrations from on-premise to Office 365
Please click the APPLY button to submit your CV and a Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Project Engineer, Technical Project Engineer, QA Engineer, Technical Engineer, IT Project Engineer, IT Technical Engineer, Network Project Engineer, Project Infrastructure Engineer, Azure, AWS, Google, VMWare, VCP, Citrix, Juniper, HP, Sonicwall, Exchange, Office 365 may also be considered for this role.
Apply for Project Engineer / Cloud / MSP / Office365 / Azure
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly