Team Leader - Production
Job Elements: -
Report to: Section Head
Job Purpose: -
• Planning and organising team production activities. Monitoring performance and efficiencies to ensure compliance with documented procedures and quality standards.
• Responsible for assigning and directing work in line with weekly production targets, and communicating plans to ensure effectiveness from the manufacturing team members.
• Promote an environment of continuous improvement, flexibility and teamwork.
• Responsible for cross-training, developing, managing and appraising performance, coaching and counselling of designated manufacturing team members to deliver a high level of multi-skilled, flexible and motivated labour resource.
• Working in compliance with all company Quality standards, standard operating / work procedures and all GDP, GMP and H&S requirements.
The ideal candidate will have:
• A good general standard of education to include basic numeric and IT skills.
Work Experience: -
• Two years’ experience of working in a high volume manufacturing company in a supervisory role.
• First Line Management appropriate qualification.
• Proven ability to analyse problems and identify solutions
• Ability to implement continuous improvements and adapt to change.
• Microsoft Office Suite skills
• Knowledge of ERP systems, preferably Oracle
• Right first time approach
• Ability to motivate a team through leading by example.
• Promoting a culture of teamwork, respect and empowerment