IT Operations Engineer
Job Elements: -
Reports to: Section Leader IT Operations Pillar
Job Purpose: -
• Day to day management of IT operations with particular focus on server farm and infrastructure, Active Directory management, Data Centre and associated facilities.
• In addition project responsibility will be assigned linked with infrastructure evolvement.
Primary Tasks: -
• Provision of proactive management for server farm (both physical and virtual environment), central data store, and general server room / DC facility, back-up systems.
• Provision of health monitoring, capacity management, patch management, etc. for all in scope areas of facility.
• Execution of departmental continuous improvement projects within the Operations Pillar.
• Policy development and maintenance for all Operations Pillar subjects.
• Implementation of root cause analysis and countermeasure development for concerns raised within the Operations pillar systems and applications.
• Participation in continuous improvement activities including V-Up, VSM, etc.
• Identification of cost reduction and labour saving activities within the pillar and overall IT and development of supporting plans.
• Compliance with all HS&E requirements including any corporate obligations regarding management of on-site vendors.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Administration and management of Windows Sever 2008R2 and 2012 OS, management and server room infrastructure and facilities, Active Directory management, and management of data storage solutions are essential.
• Ideally educated to degree level in an IT subject or equivalent.
Apply for IT Operations Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly