Here at Advanced Supply Chain we have an opportunity for a Production Operative to join our team based in Holmfield, on a full time basis initially on a fixed term contract until December 2016, however there may be an opportunity of a permanent position for the right candidate. The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary.
We are forward thinking and dynamic logistics business with an enviable reputation for growth, customer service and innovation. We operate from multiple UK locations and supply our customers with end-to-end supply chain solutions including freight forwarding, contract logistics, value added services and UK distribution.
The main purpose of our Production Operative is to ensure that jobs are processed to the correct quality standard as per the job instructions and that targets are achieved.
Our Production Operative duties and key responsibilities include:
- Ensure that all finished stock meets the required quality standards.
- Ensure correct usage of hangers and materials, as per job sheet.
- Ensure that KPI’s are met in order to produce the daily production levels required.
- Ensure that all ancillary equipment is used appropriately to maximise KPI’s.
- Flat-pack or hanging processing, as directed.
- Ensure that all labels are applied correctly, as per job sheet.
- Ensure that boxes used for packing are securely taped and sealed to enable safe stacking and palletise.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and hazard free work area at all times.
- Ensure good housekeeping / health and safety procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Ensure that all issues identified are raised with a Team Leader.
- Ensure that all waste materials are disposed of in a safe and appropriate manner.
- Undertake any other duties which may be required to assist the needs of the business as directed by management.
- Ensure that the cardboard conveyor is always used as per the cardboard conveyor SOP. If blocked you must report it to your Team Leader or Supervisor straight away.
The successful Production Operative must have the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Previous experience in a production environment is essential
- Must be driven to deliver
- Target driven
- The ability to be organised and accurate while working in a busy environment.
- Excellent communication skills, ensuring you can communicate with all key relationships in a professional manner
- Ability to make decision and to use your own initiative
- Excellent knowledge of production processes
- A good understanding of excel and Microsoft office
- Grade C or above in GSCE English and Maths or equivalent.
- Understanding of the garment processing industry
- NVQ Level 2 in warehouse / production management
The successful candidate must be able to work various shifts i.e. 8am-4pm, 6am- 2pm and 2pm-10pm.
If you have the skills and experience required to become our Production Operative please click ‘Apply’ today.