General Ledger Accountant
7 days left
- Full Time
Lyreco, General Ledger Accountant, Telford.
We are currently looking for a General Ledger Accountant to join our Finance Team based at Head Office in Telford. We are offering a salary of £20,000- £28,000 per annum depending on experience.
Lyreco is one of the world’s leading providers of Workplace Solutions to businesses, with a global presence across 44 countries, over 10,000 employees and with a 2.2bn turnover. Ethical, forward thinking and award winning are some of the words that describe us and our long-term success is down to the fact that our customers and employees are at the heart of everything we do.
The General Ledger Accountant will be part of the team that are responsible for producing the financial accounts for both Lyreco UK and Lyreco Ireland, reporting into the Chief Accountant. As our General Ledger Accountant you will assist in the investigation, analysis and reconciliation of the company’s gross profit margin, profit and loss accounts and balance sheet accounts and treasury related matters.
As our General Ledger Accountant, your key accountabilities will include but not be limited to:
- Assisting with the production of the monthly financial accounts for Lyreco UK and Lyreco Ireland, to include accrual and prepayment calculations, monthly balance sheet reconciliations and related analysis.
- Assisting in the preparation of annual statutory accounts for both Lyreco UK and Lyreco Ireland.
- Preparation of quarterly and annual reporting packs for review by our Group parent company and external auditors.
- Preparation of the corporation tax returns and internal compliance reports.
- Analysis of the gross profit margins of Lyreco UK and Lyreco Ireland.
- Assisting with all aspects of VAT, to include calculation of returns and quarterly payments and checking internal processes for VAT compliance.
- Cross support other team members to ensure overall achievement of deadlines.
- Assist with adhoc projects set by the Senior Management Team and/or Group Finance Team.
To be successful in this role you will have completed your AAT qualification and be progressing through your ACCA or equivalent studies. You will also have relevant experience gained from a financial accounts background and be able to demonstrate a full understanding of both P&L and Balance sheet accounting.
You must have a proactive and adaptable attitude to work in a fast paced Finance team. You will have the ability to manage and prioritise a heavy workload to ensure all targets and deadlines achieved. Good communication skills are essential and advanced MS Excel skills (macros, pivot tables, formulas) and experience of SAP would also be an advantage.
Ideally as our General Ledger Accountant, you should live locally to Telford in areas such as Shrewsbury, Cannock, Wolverhampton, Stafford, Market Drayton, Ironbridge and surrounding areas.
If you have experience in Financial accounting and are looking to further develop your career in an award winning and people centric business, then apply for this General Ledger Accountant role and come and join our ever-successful team, we would love to hear from you!
Apply for General Ledger Accountant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly