A-Level Forensic Science Teacher
5 days left
- Part Time
We are currently recruiting for a sixth form college in Tameside for a A-Level Forensic Science Teacher, the role will be part time (3 days a week) and will be to start ASAP for at least one term.
You will be required to facilitate the delivery of A-Level Forensic Science lessons within the Centre for Applied Sciences.
Our staff have a well-deserved reputation as being the best in Greater Manchester and as a reward for your hard work and commitment you will benefit from:
- A dedicated, professional and friendly specialist consultant and a branch with 24 hour on-call facility
- Competitive rates of pay paid weekly, which are fully compliant under the Agency Workers Regulations (AWR, 2011)
- Commitment to your continuing professional development through free training including safeguarding
- 'Recommend a friend' bonus worth up to £300
- The flexibility to work when and where you want through our network of branches
- Being part of a highly respected supply team and developing your own reputation within it, especially through various rewards like 'Candidate of the Term'
Do you have the passion and drive to raise standards in a science department? If so then we ask that you also have:
- A strong knowledge of science and a genuine interest in the subject; a degree qualification in any area of science would be desirable
- Previous experience of working in a school laboratory for referencing purposes
- A patient approach towards working with children and adults alike
- The willingness to learn and train on the job
- Effective communication skills, both orally and in writing
- A strong work ethic, the ability to work as part of a team of teachers and technicians, and a professional attitude
You would need to be available to start immediately. This is a great opportunity to work as part of a committed team, providing a practical service to the staff and pupils of the college. Responsibilities would include:
- Ensuring all materials and equipment are ready for practical lessons and demonstrations, liaising with all teaching staff
- Cleaning, storing and accounting for all equipment and stock including chemicals
- Undertaking of safety checks and routine maintenance of laboratory equipment
- Ensuring chemical and biological waste is disposed of correctly
- Maintaining filing systems and correct paperwork for stock orders and keeping the department tidy
- Keeping relevant Health and Safety knowledge up-to-date eg COSHH requirements
If this role is of interest to you - please apply today!
Apply for A-Level Forensic Science Teacher
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly