CAT 5 Cable Assembler
Job Title: CAT 5 Cable Assembler
Salary: £7.50 - £8.50 per hour
Hours of work: 8am - 4.30pm
Long term work
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced PCB Solderer / Cable Operator to work for our client based in Northampton.
Job Duties will include:
• Controling wave-soldering machine or system to solder electronic components onto printed circuit boards, according to processing specifications: Reads production schedules and operations manuals and receives verbal instructions regarding sequential start up and operation of wave-soldering machine or system.
• Moving controls to activate machine or equipment, such as preheater, lead wire cutter, wave-soldering units, and conveyors.
• Adjusting controls of machines to regulate operating speed and temperature and height of flux, wax, and solder waves.
• Adjusting dimensions of conveyor pallets and rails used to hold and transport PCB's through wave-soldering process, using precision instruments and hand tools.
• Observing meters, gauges, and indicator lights to ensure that soldering of PCB's conforms to processing standards.
• Examining samples of soldered boards to detect substandard soldering
• Discussing quality of soldering with supervisor and adjusts controls according to instructions.
• Cleaning parts and interiors of machines and replenishes fluids in machines and equipment.
• Performing preventive maintenance on machines and equipment, using hand tools.
• Experience in use of the Blundell wave solder machine with argon gas system would be advantageous.
If you have the relevant skills and experience please press "Apply Now"