We are consistently recruiting for General Operatives to join our client's expanding team in Ipswich, Suffolk.
Successful candidates will be working within a chilled environment, on a production line processing fresh, frozen and BBQ retail chicken.
General duties of this role will be to:
- Assist with duties within the packing area as requested, including packing, loading and unloading of products
- Adhere to all company health & safety and food hygiene policies
- Ensure all equipment and machinery is well maintained and meets hygiene standards
- Report any faults to your supervisor
- Assist with the cleaning duties of all factory areas when required
- Carry out any other relevant duties as requested by management
Candidates will only use factory machinery (including vehicles) on which they have been trained and which they have been authorised to use.
Available weekday shifts will be rotating weekly from 6.00am - 2.15pm and 2.45pm -11.00pm, Friday afternoon 2.45pm - 8.40pm
Candidates will also be required to work every second Saturday from 6.00am-2.15pm.
The rate of pay is £6.95 per hour, however if candidates work more than 38.75 hours in any one week, they will then be paid £1.50+ per hour overtime.
As from the 1st April 2016 employees over the age of 25 and not in the first year of an Apprenticeship will be paid a minimum of £7.20 per hour based on the New National Living Wage.
The position starts as temporary, however excellent performance, attitude and attendance will be rewarded after 12 weeks of work, with the role becoming permanent for those candidates demonstrating this.
To apply for this fantastic opportunity, visit us as our office at 25 Lower Brook, Ipswich (IP4 1AQ) and ask for Lina Butkute.
Alternatively, give us a call on 079430 66238 from Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm.